Patient Access Coordinator-Cardiology
Title: Patient Access Coordinator-Cardiology Location: Upper East Side Org Unit: Cardiology Call Center Work Days: Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Under direction, is responsible for the intake and triage of calls and inquiries with the goal of facilitating timely scheduling of patient visits and procedures.
- Fields telephone inquiries from patients & referring physician offices, helps patients select physician(s) to meet their needs, advises on insurance, payment & visit concerns. Exercises some independent judgment; escalates difficult or unusual situations.
- Responsible for making, confirming and cancelling appointments for both new and existing patients.
- Uses practice management and scheduling systems, to complete registration and eligibility verification for new and established patients. Identifies and corrects registration errors and eligibility verification requirements prior to services being rendered.
- Ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required. Resolves referral/precert requirements prior to patient arrival.
- Manages patient expectations for all scheduled appointments and provides information to patients regarding their visit.
- Routes calls or messages to appropriate clinical staff for proper triage. Initiates telephone encounters for all clinical matters. Initiates prescription refill requests as needed.
- Serves as the primary assistant to clinical physicians. Maintains physician’s clinical and administrative calendars; reschedules patients as necessary.
- Facilitates direct communication & specific patient care-related activities relevant to assigned physician’s needs. Communicates with practice team regarding updates to physician’s workflow, specific patient instructions or other relevant information.
- Assists with scheduling patient appointments for other specialty areas within the department as needed.
- Provides back-up coverage for other staff members as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
College Degree is highly desired. Approximately 2 years of working experience in the medical field or customer service. Strong customer service & interpersonal skills. Advanced experience in complex sub-specialty desired. Knowledge of insurance requirements and medical terminology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team player.
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills. Compassionate, courteous, and helpful phone manner. Must be able to maintain a tactful demeanor while handling a continuous stream of high volume phone inquiries
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Superb communication skills (written, oral, and listening) combined with intellectual curiosity: the demonstrated ability to elicit and synthesize complex medical and scientific information to create articulate and compelling cases for support.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> For More Jobs – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Blog for Job Seekers – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Post Job Vacancy Free – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Play Funny Quiz Online – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Play Games Online Free – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Chat and meet New Friends – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Read Today News Live – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Read Today Horoscope – Click Here <<<<<
>>>>> Download our Apps – Click Here <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.
Leave a Reply