Vessel Equipment Engineer
- Manage the deck mechanic team in compliance with the Company safety and quality procedures
- Manage the production equipment ensuring its continuous operation through ordinary/extraordinary maintenance and repairs
- Supervise and coordinates the Mechanic Foremen Offshore and the Mechanics Offshore to ensure that the work is carried out in compliance with safety and quality requirements
- Define maintenance work priorities and prepares a maintenance frequency schedule
- Ensure that the required quantity of spare parts and materials are kept in stock in the vessel stores through the establishment of minimum and maximum stock levels, in order to ensure work continuity and vessel self-sufficiency for any planned maintenance activities and for breakdowns that can be reasonably expected
- Ensure that the planning, execution, and material control for all maintenance activities is carried out with the appropriate Corporate software applications wherever available
- Be responsible for the equipment preparation and set-up in advance and during execution of project operations, in liaison with the Chief Engineer and the Offshore Construction Manager
- Be responsible for the adequate preservation of vessel equipment before long stand-by periods, as directed by the Chief Engineer
- Ensure that all project equipment used is certified, in suitable condition and properly stored
- Be responsible for the training of Junior Vessel Equipment Engineers
- Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system is understood and operated
- Perform duties within the vessel emergency team as indicated in the Emergency preparedness manual
- Knowledge and use of Company Maintenance Management tool (AMOS, Planned Maintenance module).
- Capability to perform hydraulic maintenance activities as per work instruction and provided guidelines. Capability to organize and prepare a worksite, including but not limited to tooling selection, scope of work review, HSE analysis and workflow reporting.
- Knowledge and application of predictive maintenance and condition monitoring using vibration monitoring and other non-destructive Testing System such as thermography.
- Knowledge and application of preventive maintenance techniques. Development of maintenance plans.
- Knowledge of hydraulic production systems layout, location of emergency shutdown controls and valves, and to intervene on supply of fluid to reduce / stop the flow in case of spill.
- Hydraulic circuit schemes knowledge and interpretation.
- Deep water equipment (J-lay tower including A/R winch and tensioners, tilting beam, travelling and hang-off clamps, pipe loading arms, line-up clamps) and associated maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment for installation of flexible products (VLS/HLS, RHD, carousels) and associated maintenance techniques.
- Capability to perform regular visual checks/inspections on the JLT structure.
- Ability to set up and operate a Lathe and Milling machines to produce precision parts.
- Ability to fabricate and modify parts to repair machine, tools or maintain vessel equipment, applying knowledge of mechanics.
- Know how to use of instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers, dial gauges. Machine parts as per drawing specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Operate grinding equipment, operate cutting equipment.
- Clear communication by radio and/or using visual signals, using standardised methods.
- Knowledge of the main risks during the operation activities and safe working and environmental protection procedures/practices & rules to be applied.
- Knowledge of adequate Personal Protective Equipment – purpose, use and maintenance
- Knowledge and the correct use of Permit to Work system.
- Experience in the same position for 3-4 years
- Experience in Offshore Oil&Gas for 5 to 8 years
- Knowledge of Offshore cranes and associated maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of Offshore pile driving equipment (including hammers and hydraulic lifting clamps) and associated maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of S-lay pipe handling equipment, firing line equipment, mobile equipment for pipe facing / line-up and associated maintenance techniques.
- Can join Immediately
Job Location Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Company Industry Mechanical Engineering Company Type Recruitment Agency Job Role Engineering Employment Type Full Time Employee Monthly Salary Range Unspecified Number of Vacancies Unspecified
Career Level Mid Career Years of Experience Min: 5 Max: 20 Gender Male Age Min: 20 Max: 55
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
>>>>> www.apdin.com <<<<<
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.