Commis – Blue Pearl
We are looking for commis who are passionate in engaging both western and chinese cuisine in a seafood oriented restaurant.
Get 2 months base salary sign-on bonus, simply apply to join our F&B team
*Terms and Conditions apply
- Follow orders and advices instructed by Chef de Partie and Sous Chefs to perform job task following directions; completed within acceptable time frame.
- Adapt yourself to business needs and be willing to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Remain focus and complete one task before switching to the next one.
- Attend and participate to company trainings embracing learning opportunities with positive attitude and adhere to company philosophy.
- Work calmly and efficiently while promoting good working relations in the culinary/pastry/bakery department.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and take pride in one’s work. This must be reflected in the product produced for our guests to consume.
- Adhere to company policies and statutory requirements with regards to health and safety, sanitation, and fire procedures.
- Report to culinary management any maintenance defects using the correct and proper procedures.
- Maintain high standards of grooming for oneself and subordinates ensuring good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
- Ensure that you report to work on time as per culinary department schedules. Report any sickness or absence from work using the correct procedures.
Kitchen / Food
- Monitor the production of food items to ensure they are in compliance with the prescribed recipes and specifications. Adhere to all the standards of food presentation, production, and portioning controls.
- Ensure quality of food items according to the standards in place. It includes ensuring all food items are in perfect sanitary condition, applying “First in First out!” kitchen best practice.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly in their appropriate fridges and storage containers throughout shift.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in and around all culinary work areas and ensure that all colleagues clean their stations after every service.
- Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and to instruct this to all culinary colleagues.
- Monitor basic cooking preparation techniques and utilization of knives.
- Degree / Diploma and Certification in Culinary Arts or Patisserie or Bakery.
- 1-3 years of experiences as a culinary arts, pastry or bakery profession.
- Able to identify different kind and categories of raw materials.
- Can differentiate various type of cuisines.
- Have basic cooking and sanitary knowledge.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Willing and able to work shift work.
You agree that it is a condition of employment that you adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures including without limitation the rules of conduct of the Company.
Marina Bay Sands® is Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment delivering once-in-a-lifetime experiences. The landmark building is situated in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District and transforms Singapore’s skyline and the country’s tourism landscape.
The destination offers a luxury hotel, state-of-the art convention and exhibition facilities, theaters, world-class entertainment and the best shopping and dining in the region. The three hotel towers are crowned by the Sands SkyPark® on the 57th story. Product & ServicesConveniently located in the heart of the Central Business District and 20 minutes from Changi Airport.
• Hotel: The Marina Bay Sands hotel has three 55-story towers with 2,561 luxury rooms and suites. The three towers are capped by the Sands SkyPark, which offers 360-degree views of Singapore’s skyline. It is home to restaurants, lush gardens, an infinity edged swimming pool and the world’s largest public cantilever housing an observation deck.
• Expo and Conventions: The Sands Expo and Convention Center has 1.3 million square feet of flexible convention and exhibition space. It can host over 45,000 delegates, 2,000 exhibition booths and 250 meeting rooms. It features Southeast Asia’s biggest ballroom, which can accommodate 6,600 people for a banquet, and up to 11,000 for an auditorium-style lecture.
• Shopping: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands has 800,000 square feet of retail and dining space. Luxury retailers include Bally, Cartier, CHANEL, Ferragamo, Franck Muller, Gucci, Hermès, Hublot, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Omega, Patek Philippe, Prada, Tiffany & Co. and Yves Saint Laurent. New brands include Anne Fontaine, Henry Cotton’s, Leviev, Marisfrolg, Moiselle, Rabeanco, Stefano Ricci, and Wolford.
• Restaurants: Dining at Marina Bay Sands is a gourmet experience with over 50 dining choices. These include celebrity-chef restaurants helmed by Mario Batali, (New York), Daniel Boulud (New York), Wolfgang Puck (Los Angeles), Guy Savoy (Paris), Tetsuya Wakuda (Sydney) and Justin Quek (Singapore). Marina Bay Sands features signature restaurants, modern bistros and a premium food court.
• Entertainment: Marina Bay Sands energizes the entertainment and nightlife scene in Singapore with nightclubs, world-class entertainment, a museum and a casino. The museum, which has a lotus-inspired design, will feature blockbuster exhibitions from around the world. Two state-of-the-art theaters will open with a total of about 4,000 seats. The Broadway hit The Lion King will debut in Sands Theater, with Le Theater presenting shorter-run shows such as concerts, award ceremonies and gala events. The outdoor event plaza along the promenade next to Marina Bay will host audiences for watching events on the bay or on the plaza
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.