Full Job Description
Performs general clerical support duties. The duties may vary by department with the following responsibilities being representative of the work performed. Responsibilities:
- Complete sheets and forms related to the work of the area assigned.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Respond to requests for information within assigned department as well as from outside department.
- Maintains files, retrieves data from archives, and current filing areas.
- Controls, corrects, and resubmits data.
- Assists in preparation of reports, issuing of reports and filing of data/reports.
- Maintain and prepare department logs.
- Perform messenger work as required.
- Adhere to established Hospital and Department procedures and policies.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No experience required
- One (1) year of office experience; preferably in a hospital setting, preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Use calculator, PC or other office equipment in performance of duties.
- Good interpersonal skills required for interaction with colleagues and other department staff.
- Basic ability to fully utilize BHMC’s electronic record systems, equipment and other healthcare and billing systems relevant to this position.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing, reaching, walking throughout the working day.
- Position will be required to stoops, bends, lifts, carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.