Cash Posting Representative
Full Job Description
More Information about this Job: Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled support professionals!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment’s notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
This position is responsible for performing the necessary accounting/posting and record maintenance duties for patient and third party payments received by the Billing office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Batches and posts all payments received electronically within 24 hours of Electronic Fund Transfer (assignment may be primary or assisting).
- Posts all manual deposits within 24 hours of receipt (assignment may be primary or assisting).
- Ensures that all MCOs and Contract Payers fee schedules are loaded into the system for accurate posting.
- Provides feedback to Billing Supervisor for any contracted payers whose payments do not reconcile to loaded fee schedules.
- Provides support to management and operational staff.
- May be asked to assist with monthly reconciliation of cash receipts to general ledger entries.
- Investigates all payment vouchers where charges were partially paid or paid inappropriately.
- Processes Collection Agency status reports.
- Assists with refund processing or act as back up to primary assignee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cross-trains in other function areas.
- Ambulance/Medical billing certification or diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 2-years medical billing experience with a high volume practice or clinic, ambulance experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Combination of education and experience considered.
- Thorough knowledge of ambulance transport documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-9 and Condition Codes.
- Ability to collect for healthcare claims from MCR/MCD, commercial insurance, contracted facilities, and individuals.
- Understands Medicare and Medicaid regulations and guidelines.
- Familiarity with Medicare, Medicaid, Coding, Private Pay, and insurance preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Ability to interpret EOB (Explanation of Benefits)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of RightCAD database | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Analytical – collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design – demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project management – communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical skills – assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer service – manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication – writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business acumen – understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care – We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team – We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation – We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance – We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership – We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship – We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.