Full Job Description
About the Agency:
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) is the nation’s largest municipal housing preservation and development agency. Its mission is to promote quality housing and diverse, thriving neighborhoods for New Yorkers through loan and development programs for new affordable housing, preservation of the affordability of the existing housing stock, enforcement of housing quality standards, and educational programs for tenants and building owners.
The Office of Enforcement and Neighborhood Services works closely with other HPD divisions and outside community partners to identify buildings with violation problems, assess and develop appropriate strategies to address those properties, and work closely with responsible owners to develop a plan to improve conditions and return buildings to firm financial footing and physical health. HPD uses enforcement tools within the Division of Code Enforcement, Housing Litigation Division, Emergency Repair Program or the Division of Special Enforcement to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
The Office of Enforcement and Neighborhood Services is composed of 8 divisions:
- Preservation Services Exec Office (EXEC), Data Management & Technology (DMT), Division of Neighborhood Preservation (DNP), Administration & Internal Compliance (AIC), Housing Litigation Division (HLD), Division of Code Enforcement (DCE), Emergency Operations Division (EOD), Division of Special Enforcement (DSE)
The Tenant Anti-Harassment Unit is composed of housing inspectors, community coordinators and a data analyst. This Unit will receive and inspect complaints of tenant harassment reported to HPD. The Unit will be responsible for reviewing all harassment inspection results and when necessary make referrals to the HPD Division of Housing Litigation, the NYC Law Department and/or the New York State Attorney General Office. The Unit will also be the HPD representative on the Tenant Harassment Protection Taskforce.
Under general direction, the selected candidate will perform as a Community Coordinator for the Division of Special Enforcement Tenant Anti Tenant Harassment Unit (DSE-TAHU). Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Planning, coordinating, and monitoring field inspections;
- Perform building wide inspections with a housing inspector and at times multiple agencies
- Perform field visits to buildings to speak to tenants and gather data, post notices, and resolve access issues;
- Perform field visits with and without inspectors to check on conditions and speak to tenants
- Conduct and attend meetings that pertain to the Unit. Some meetings may occur in the evening
- Compiling, and recording data for participating buildings;
- Preparing, posting, mailing, and tracking any TAHU notices and correspondence;
- Contacting owners and tenants to schedule inspections, and when needed assist with resolving access issues;
- Researching owner registration, emergency repair information, DOB permit information and HCR information
- Monitoring complaints and violations for buildings where TAHU is i harassment may be occurring
- Promptly and accurately responding to inquiries from the public;
- Prepare referrals to HLD and/or Law Department for comprehensive litigation;
- Assisting with monitoring compliance with court orders
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.
- Candidates who possess strong verbal and written communications kills.
- Candidates who are proficient in most Microsoft applications.
- Candidates who have the ability to communicate in more than one language.
- Candidates who possess a valid New York State Driver’s License.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.