The Sunnyside Home Care Department is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe and appropriate care to the clients it serves in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations, contractual requirements, and the requirements of the Office of the Medicaid Inspector General. The Verification Clerk is responsible for helping to fulfill that objective by 1) ensuring the accuracy of paraprofessional service hours submitted to the Fiscal department for billing; 2) assisting with verifying client schedules to facilitate accurate billing and collection for services provided; 3) confirming the accuracy and timely submission of non-billable paraprofessional hours submitted to the payroll department for payment; and 4) providing timely monitoring for identifying and preventing avoidable overtime of paraprofessional service hours.
- Review timesheets for thoroughness, accuracy, and timely processing.
- Perform data entry and reconcile timesheets.
- Complete the research and follow through for substantiating unverified hours.
- Act as a resource to staff for information related to verification procedures.
- Provide responsive and timely followup to internal and external customers.
- Correct errors and discrepancies in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between the payroll department and home care workers to resolve payroll discrepancies.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual Spanish/English (preferred).
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of HCPLUS or other computer programs used for home care (preferred).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Accurate data entry skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a time-sensitive environment.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Six personal/floating days
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Verification Clerk” to Melissa Vitale at [email protected]
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.