Full Job Description
Title Abstractor I – 00FGO
When you work at Stewart, you’re part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dream of property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we’re providing residential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services or specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensive service, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. Join our team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC) impacts lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate services and solutions; we provide the security for building communities and dreams.
Under direct supervision, abstracts documents on title orders within company guidelines. Performs basic title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to tract index information, property surveys and legal descriptions, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.Job Roles:
- Abstracts documents on title orders within company guidelines to determine the condition of the title and insurability of the property.
- Performing basic title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to geographic information, property surveys and legal descriptions, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
- Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of abstract documents.
- Answers questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions, as needed.
- Submits details for examination of the title and provide updates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes various documents, files, websites, and title search software.
- Recommends and advises management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and service/products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Computer skills including working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database software packages, internet applications and/or company specific computer applications.
- General knowledge of practices and procedures of the industry, department or specialized function.
- Attention to detail and maintains confidentiality.
- Good organizational skills, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines and work in team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated illustrates a commitment to customer service.
- Able to respond to inquiries promptly and accurately
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of a High School diploma
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in general clerical and administrative support
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.