Rail Signalling Engineer
Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
• The Signalling Engineer oversees the entire engineering and construction life cycle of the Signalling system, utilizing system engineering principles to provide validation that all requirements have been properly satisfied.
• Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of projects (or project assigned too) including coordination of technical disciplines, quality of designs and adherence to schedule.
• Design, technical leadership of specific design packages as well as coordinating the assembly of plans, specifications, cost estimating and construction support. This position supports various rail and transit projects throughout Middle East to serve the contract requirements and respond to client needs
• Develop and co-ordinate technical aspects and strategies for all ETCS/CBTC related technology and techniques applicable to signalling systems and equipment including integration with rolling stock and assurance systems and operating methodologies.
• Understanding of systems engineering and system safety analysis including process and SFARP and development of safety cases.
• Identify requirements for new processes and standards, and contribute to the production and implementation of standards and processes within Parsons and assigned projects.
• Lead the delivery of Engineering Safety Management on major projects working across all engineering disciplines and lifecycle stages.
• Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are understood and shape our services in response.
• Support bid writing and pricing to win work
• Take a leading role in the development and sharing of knowledge across the team and mentoring and developing other staff. Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are understood and shape our services in response.
• Work with clients and the wider business to create winning opportunities within the rail industry.
• High level of skill in communication to effectively liaise with other divisions, contractors, suppliers, regulatory authorities, Client’s in the introduction of new technologies, in particular ETCS/CBTC and techniques in signalling whilst also demonstrating a successful project management record.
• BSc or BEng degree and an advanced degree may be preferred at this level.
• At least 18+ years rail systems management experience.
• Ideally, the individual should also have direct working knowledge of rail signaling systems (CBTC and ERTMS)
• Communication based systems knowledge ideal
• Knowledge of rail engineering, communications, rolling stock and other railway/transit system technology is preferred
• The successful candidate will have experience in developing technical specifications, design criteria and drawings for ETCS and CBTC Signalling, including the design and preparation of user requirement specifications, signalling arrangements, control tables and circuit designs for new and altered works. As such, the candidate will have the ability to proactively lead tasks between technical groups and be innovative in solving complex challenges.
• The candidate must be able to manage multiple projects at any given time, labor budgeting and project schedules.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.