This position is located in the Enterprise Applications Centre: Americas, of the Enterprise Solutions Service (ESS), in the Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT). The incumbent reports to the Chief, Enterprise Applications Centre: Americas Unit.ResponsibilitiesWithin limits of delegated authority, the Staff Assistant will be responsible for the following
- Provides day-to-day management, prioritization, coordination and resource scheduling support for the Director’s and Section’s calendar, and immediate work unit(s) based on familiarity with the ICT Strategy and client prerogatives, as well as related Office, Departmental and Organizational deadlines.
- Responds or Drafts, collates, proofreads, and edits official correspondence, progress reports, briefing notes, talking points, etc., carrying out quality control for these documents for the Director’s review based on the Enterprise Service Solutions (ESS) portfolio of projects and services.
- Provides coordination and support for space management, asset and supplies management for EAC-Americas in compliance with OICT polices and procedures.
- Performs, under minimal supervision, the full range of office management and administrative support functions; typically provides direct assistance to a senior officer or manager responsible for a major programme, such as a branch or division.
- Maintains liaison with the Executive Office and with senior officials in other units regarding on-going programmes and other administrative matters; monitors processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.
- Ensures smooth and efficient information flow within the unit; prepares and processes confidential information; assists in the development of office administrative systems and procedures and maintains associated records and files (digital or paper);
- Researches, compiles and summarizes background materials for use in preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, etc.
- Provides assistance in the coordination of special projects and events.
- Orients new staff to relevant administrative procedures and practices and provides general assistance to other office support staff, as required; may coordinate the work of office support staff in providing meetings servicing/administrative support to various sessions of commissions and other bodies.
- Attends meetings, prepares minutes, monitors follow-up activities.
- .Responds to complex information requests and inquiries (e.g., answers requests requiring file search, etc.).
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g., leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g., travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of general office and administrative support including administrative policies, processes and procedures. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.Work Experience
A minimum of five years of experience in general office support or related area is required.
Experience working with the travel and procurement modules of Umoja or a similar enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool is desirable.
Experience providing assistance to senior officials is desirable.
Experience coordinating complex events/meetings with various internal and external participants, including the preparation of meeting notes/minutes, and talking points, is desirable.Languages
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.Assessment
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.