All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Senior Salesperson to secure and close sales by developing and maintaining relationships with clients and potential clients. You will be the point of contact for the sales team and clients, providing support through live assistance both to customers and internally at Gilmour Space, relying on technical expertise to effectively explain and apply concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Secure and close sales.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of the sales team.
- Create and deliver presentations, statements of work, proposals, and quotes.
- Organise and represent Gilmour Space at launch integration & operations reviews with Customers.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource for the entire team, educating team members as well as clients and prospect clients
- Reinforce a positive Access to Space experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and potential clients during the sales process across many different prospects simultaneously.
- Use product knowledge and technical skills to suggest and potentially develop product solutions for clients.
- Timely coordination of all launch related items internal and external to Gilmour Space.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class pre-sales support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Solve problems manually first and then either automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Access to Space product and customer experience over time.
- Organise and support launch campaign operations for assigned Programs.
- Lead, coordinate and be across all facets of payload integration and operations activities for assigned campaigns.
- Travel as required in support of the launch effort.
- Cohesively work and liaise with other team members and departments, including communicating customer requirements to others.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven understanding of orbital mechanics or evidence of working in sales of a highly technical field.
- Willingness to frequently travel both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and work within a project SoW, engineering, and sales resources to ensure complete user satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communications, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create & present design proposals and solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and handle high surges of work.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- A naturally helpful mindset, great attention to detail, and high technical aptitude.
- Experience in a start-up or a start-up mentality.
- A can do, hands-on, get stuff done attitude and be a cross-functional team player.
- Strong ability to effectively manage a range of simultaneous engagements.
- Ability to effectively convey customer requirements to Product Management, Support, and Engineering teams.
- Experience in spacecraft systems engineering including all aspects of payload to launch vehicle integration.
- Understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing.
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.