Science (Biology or Physics) Teacher
arian Catholic College Kenthurst is a caring community with a family atmosphere linking parents, students and staff. It is a co-educational, comprehensive Catholic secondary school in the Diocese of Parramatta, catering for 1032 students across Years 7 to 12. The Marian teaching community aims to deliver an innovative curriculum designed to meet the interests and needs of our students.
We are part of Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta (CEDP), a system of schools committed to responding to the needs of students in a world that is changing rapidly. With over 5000 passionate employees located across 83 primary and secondary schools, we have the intent and the resources to transform the learning and unlock the full potential of each of our 40,000 plus students. We are always on the lookout for top talent to help us achieve our strategic goal of inspiring the future, through quality catholic schooling and by strengthening the professional lives of our employees.
About the opportunity:
Marian Catholic College, Kenthurst is looking for a skilled, contemporary and passionate Secondary Science Teacher to enrich the lives of our students on a permanent full-time basis. The successful applicant must have the ability to teach Stages 4 to 6 Science in either Biology and Physics. There is also the opportunity for a 2pt Middle Leadership position (see separate ad).
You will work alongside a passionate and supportive team committed to achieving positive learning outcomes for each student. More specifically you will:
- Structure lessons to meet the physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of your students
- Create and maintain a safe, inclusive and challenging learning environment and implement fair and equitable behaviour management plans
- Give the appropriate notice on all formal assessment tasks as per the assessment schedule;
- Maintain records of student achievement;
- Provide an extensive pedagogical knowledge base and understanding of how the identified subject areas are learned, what affects students’ opportunities to learn the subject matter and how the learning and teaching of the subject matter can be enhanced.
- Work creatively and constructively within a range of ‘communities’ inside and beyond the school and set high, achievable goals for themselves and their students.
Qualifications and accreditations:
- Compliance with NSW Child Protection Legislation – Working with Children Check clearance
- Eligibility according to the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Tertiary Qualification (minimum 4-year degree)
- Statements of Service
To be successful in this highly rewarding role you will demonstrate alignment to the core purpose and values of Marian Catholic College along with:
- Current qualifications and experience teaching Stages 4 to 6 Science in Biology and/or Physics
- Strong ICT skills with the ability and willingness to integrate iPads and other technology into their teaching
- Strong communication and organisational skills ensuring that reporting deadlines are met.
- Ability to motivate students to achieve and to develop a life-long love of learning.
- Ability to create effective assessment techniques and have the flexibility to differentiate learning activities for students.
- Willingness to be an active part of the Marian Community.
We believe that our employee community is a key strength of our organisation and we aim to attract the best talent to achieve our strategic goal of being leaders in quality, faith-based education and an Employer of Choice in our sector. Our leaders create inclusive teams and value the individual contributions of our employees. We champion quality education and lead the way in innovation and inspiring our students and their future. We also offer competitive remuneration, salary packaging, parental leave, wellbeing programs and professional development.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment including a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with CEDP’s Child Safeguarding Procedures and Code of Conduct When Working With Students and Children. For more information, please visit The Office of The Children’s Guardian here.
Applicants wishing to work in any of the schools within the Diocese, either as a casual, temporary or full time employee, must be classified with the CEDP. If you are not already classified, you must complete the online registration for teachers process found on the CEDP website.
CEDP promotes the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants from non-religious backgrounds are encouraged to apply, however you must be willing to support the Catholic ethos.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.