Full Job Description
The Department of Records & Information Services (DORIS) is seeking a highly responsible individual to serve as a Records Analyst in the Municipal Records Management Division (MRMD).
DORIS is responsible for establishing and implementing City-wide records management policies and protocols. The experienced records analyst who will be part of an expert team working with New York City agencies to plan for the transition to digital records management and implementation of an enterprise-wide Electronic Records
The records analyst will be tasked with assisting with establishing guidelines and developing best practices around Information and Records Management in order to implement the Mayoral Directive on records management. The Records Analyst will work closely with the Acting Director of Municipal Records Management to research
records management (RM) best practices, analyze data, create reports, and assist in other MRMD operations and functions.
The candidates for these positions will be expected, under supervision, to perform duties that include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts various research projects on RM best practices and creates reports documenting findings.
- Surveys city agencies regarding their technology programs, platforms, processes used for records management, archiving, digitization, and storage.
- Develops and maintains reports as required.
- Works with senior managers in gathering data and documentation of current RM practices.
- Assists with maintaining the records management database which contains agencies record retention schedules, accession projects and disposal applications.
- Works independently, with appropriate supervision, and exercises a high degree of judgment, tact, and initiative.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one year of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, maintenance and support, systems programming, data communications, mainframe development, mobile development, web development and design; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in “1” above; or
3. Education and or/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in “2” above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, 24 semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience as described in “1” above.
Experience creating and manipulating presentations including spreadsheet- based graphs and charts.
Working knowledge of SharePoint. Extensive knowledge of records management practices and principles.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
Ability to create accurate reports and presentations.
Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills.
Lifting is required
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.