Rail Operations Manager
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at Australia’s largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services with a market capitalisation in excess of $5.7 billion as at 30 June . We operate in over 135 locations across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with a workforce of over 7,000 employees.
The Rail Operations Manager’s primary objective is to manage train crew operations and rail operations in a safe, environmentally sensitive and efficient manner. This involves the development and monitoring of operations and activities and train crew training. This position is also responsible for managing train crewing resources, rostering, locomotives and wagon allocations that meets QLRS business requirements.
Status: Full Time
Location: West Melbourne, Victoria
- Demonstrate and disseminate a positive safety culture throughout all levels of the business and operations
- Mentor and encourage employee consultation programs that add value to site safety, health, risk management, environmental compliance and quality
- Comply with and promote the QLRS Safety Management System (SMS)
- Develop and promote the QLRS Safety, Health and Environment Management Plan and QLRS Master Risk Register and participate in annual rail safety, internal and external audits of all QLRS locations and operations
- Ensure that the relevant persons are notified of all category A and B rail safety incidents in accordance with QLRS SMS
- Review mainline and rail terminal operations to ensure compliance with rail safety requirements
- Manage the allocation of train crew resources to meet business requirements
- Participate in accident and incident investigations and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are taken
- Assist with rail safety incident and accident recovery on all QLRS rail services
- Audit and facilitate training to ensure that all employees and contractors meet statutory and organisational requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Commitment to safety
- Strong leadership skills
- Business management skills
- Degree or relevant experience in Transport and Logistics or similar
- Previous experience in managing train and rail crews/services
A full functional pre-employment medical assessment will be required prior to commencement.
- Regular Drug and Alcohol testing conducted
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.