Austal Limited (ASX: ASB) is an ASX 200 company headquartered in Henderson, Western Australia. With shipyards in Australia, as well as the USA, the Philippines and Vietnam, Austal is a recognised leader in the design, construction and sustainment of customised commercial and defence vessels globally.
Over 5,000 Austal employees currently benefit from a corporate culture that supports a safe, modern and secure working environment. Austal offers flexible working conditions, including a four-day-week for our trade’s workforce and a nine-day-fortnight for our professional staff. There is also ongoing training and professional development, genuine career progression opportunities, competitive remuneration and the opportunity to contribute towards and achieve individual, project and organisational goals.
With our proud history of accomplishment and success, and an even brighter future on the horizon, Austal is an excellent choice for those who are talented, passionate and seeking a rewarding career in a dynamic and progressive environment, working as part of a niche, yet global industry.
With the current incumbent seconded to an internal Project facilitating the rollout of Austal’s new ERP, we have a unique opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our Henderson based Finance Team on a 12-month fixed-term-contract basis.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, this Project Accountant role will support the maintenance and integrity of accurate and timely financial accounting, relating specifically to the projects at Austal’s Henderson Head Office. The role will provide fantastic exposure to the business and its operations.
Key objectives & responsibilities include:
- Support a company structure and chart of accounts in the GL that reflects the activities and information requirements across the Group (Statutory, Profit Analysis, Tax, Operational)
- Ensure the GL is the focal point of all financial recordkeeping and financial reporting
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Reconcile ALL balance sheet accounts monthly for responsible entity and understand and resolve any issues
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the main Australian operating company
- Prepare monthly intercompany invoices and ensure all intercompany accounts reconcile on a monthly basis
- Deal with foreign currency transactions and account for exchange rate differences in currency
- Support the month-end and full year financial accounting processes and timetables across the Group
- Support financial accounting in all business units and corporate activities to ensure accuracy, integrity and timeliness in the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Liaise with and provide guidance to accounts payable and receivable teams on GL coding of payments and receipts
- Recognise profit on a % complete basis for certain entities within the Australasia operating segment
- Review and monitor the accounts for the entity on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate reporting in accordance with standards and pronouncements of the Australian Accounting Standards Board and the accounting policies of the company
- Support and drive the periodic audit processes across the Group
- Support where necessary the statutory compliance of all businesses and activities across the Group
- Assist with inputs into financial data and reports required to support Group Reporting (annual reports, ASX releases etc.)
- Preparation of subsidiary accounts within the Group
- Adhere and support financial accounting policies within the Group
- Implementation of and improvement of finance policy and procedures
Required Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- A Tertiary Qualification in Finance, Accounting or other relevant Business Degree
- A minimum three (3) years of experience in a Financial or Project Accounting role
- Hold CA, CPA or equivalent qualification
- Possess excellent computer skills – including General Ledger Systems and a genuine advanced proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge and experience in the application of AASB and IFRS
- Highly effective communication skills – written and spoken
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively and remain calm when under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Results and goals orientated, with an excellent attention to detail and a high level of diligence
- Proactive self-starter who displays initiative and has the ability to work autonomously
- Probing and inquisitive nature with the confidence to initiate and contribute to discussion and debate
- Genuine interest in the application of financial/project accounting to shipbuilding, systems & support
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.