Patient Account Representative
Billing: The biller is responsible for the timely and accurate filing of all claims. All claims filed must be in compliance with federal, state, and payer guidelines. The representative will perform patient billing and reporting activities in a timely manner. The biller also assists management in monitoring claims that may fall below benchmarking for clean claims submission and other standards as assigned. Responsibilities include other duties as assigned, and overtime as requested or required.
Insurance Follow-up: Responsible for maintaining follow-up on the collections of all third party accounts in an accurate and timely manner in order to keep A/R days and bad debt within organization objectives. The representative is responsible for managing the status of patient accounts and balances and identifying inconsistencies. Responsible for checking the validity of all debit/credit accounts prior to moving the balances to self-pay. He/she is responsible for contacting the insurance companies for claim processing and reimbursement questions and coordinating with the insurance company to resolve any payment or reimbursement issues. The PAR also assists management in monitoring and implementing strategies that facilitate continuous operational improvement throughout the collection’s work environment. The representative will help the patient understand and resolve any billing or claims questions.
Educational Requirements/ Qualifications:
- Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required Minimum Experience: Billing: Minimum of one-year experience in a healthcare organization or minimum of one year experience with the various business office processes. Proficiency in operation of computer terminal and personal computer equipment.
- Required Skills: Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving with a “take charge” attitude. Must be comfortable interacting with various management levels. Demonstrate professionalism and flexibility to work schedules based on need. Experience with MS Word, Excel preferred but not required. This job requires very articulate, observant and stress-tolerant individuals who are capable of successfully completing multi-task assignments on an ongoing basis. Requires moderate physical mobility and lifting.
- Degree of Supervision Required: Minimum of supervision, employee must be able to work with little supervision.
Benefits of Working Full-Time at Adirondack Health:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Benefit Time (PTO and Sick days)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- And much more
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.