Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Onboarding Specialist I manage the full cycle pre-employment on-boarding process for final selected candidates, and provide the highest level of customer service to all new hires.
The Onboarding Specialist I collects, analyzes background information from applications submitted by all potential new hires. This involves all aspects of the background check process including meeting compliance and quality assurance standards. The Onboarding Specialist I execute strategies that improve the overall on-boarding management process and ensure a seamless on-boarding experience.
1. Manages the receipt of all required documents from potential new hires such as employment applications, educational documents, references, resumes, disclosure and consent forms, certificates of disposition, licenses, certifications and PSV’s related to background checks.
2. Analyzes data from the submitted applications to ensure completion and accuracy prior to releasing to background screening company
3. Partners with Recruiters and advises on falsification of records or disqualification of employment leading to rescinding offers.
4. Maintains/updates demographics and schedule EHS appointment for new employee physicals and drug screens.
5. Ensures candidate licensure/certifications are current and up-to-date. Determines legitimacy of documentation submitted by the candidate to ensure eligibility for employment.
6. Communicates with Background Vendor Investigators when background check reports are still pending, and makes inquiries regarding the reasons for delays and alerts.
7. Communicates with International Personnel Staff for verification of International Employees clearance status.
8. Responds to Hiring Managers and Prospective New Hires with updates of employment status.
9. Ensures compliance with standard onboarding practices and procedures
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent related experience and education.
6 months of Recruitment and Staffing experience on-boarding new hires.
MS Office Suite Intermediate skill level.
Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems.
Skills and Competencies:
1. Knowledge of pre-employment background check, medical and criminal clearance.
2. Knowledge of federal employment laws/procedures and regulatory compliance guidelines.
3. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
4. Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize on a regular basis.
5. Ability to make sound judgment decisions and recommend final hiring criteria outcomes.
6. Strong customer service and communication skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.