Medical Records Technician
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Health insuranceDental insurance401(k)Tuition reimbursementPaid time offVision insuranceLife insurance
Full Job Description
The Community Health Center of Buffalo (CHCB) is searching for an experienced Medical Records technician to join our team. CHCB offers competitive pay and benefits for Full and Part Time staff including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Supplemental Insurances, 401k, Tuition Assistance and Paid Time Off.
Summary: A successful Medical Records/Patient Service Representative possesses tremendous interpersonal skills, enabling them to provide excellent customer service with a focus on patient satisfaction and care.
- Maintains the integrity of the Health Information Record by obtaining, inputting, and retrieving accurate information into and from the Electronic Medical Record system
- Schedules appointments, completes Pre-Registration tasks, verifies demographic and insurance information, and completes other tasks as needed to ensure claims are able to be billed accurately.
- Discerns when triage by clinical healthcare staff is needed.
- Coordinates patient and information flow, while maintaining patient confidentiality in compliance with Federal HIPAA laws.
- May serve as a member of a patient care team. Provides Care Coordination services consistent with the position. Participates in and contributes to Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance activities and functions as needed.
- Completes Prior Authorizations and Referrals; Provides Specialist resource information
- Tracks and Logs patient information
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED
One (1) year of experience delivering customer service at a high level
Two (2) years experience in Medical Records or relevant healthcare experience
Computer literate; Proficient in Microsoft Office
Associate’s Degree in related field
Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology
Three (3) years of experience delivering customer service at a high level
Three (3) years of Medical Records experience or relevant healthcare experience
Proficient with an Electronic Medical Record system and Microsoft Office
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.