PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As the Patient Services Coordinator, this position coordinates scheduling, pre-procedure communication, medical record documents, EMR demographic data entry, requirements for payers and Revenue Cycle, greets patients and answers multi-line telephone and fax.
- Schedule and input all appointments scheduling module in a timely and efficient manner. Assure all pre-procedure/preoperative activities are scheduled or completed. Manages patient cancellations, center cancellations (e.g. equipment issues) and additions to schedule in accordance to center scheduling parameters. Print patient schedule and pull patient charts daily.
- Facilitates the admission process by professionally greeting all patients and visitors and obtain patient identification and insurance information to initiate admissions process.
- Assemble, file and maintain patient medical records and financial records in a confidential and secure manner
- Complete front-end process of billing procedure ensuring all information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Performs Insurance Verification process and completes all required processes for prior authorizations or other actions required by payor.
- Assist with patient transportation if the patient qualifies per the Company Transportation Policy.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are included on all necessary chart and admissions data in accordance with FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy when scanning and filing documents and completes within 24 hours of completed visit, including physician reports to referral sources.
- Communicate all changes about procedure and insurance which is identified during patient visit to appropriate internal parties and directly to the patient record immediately.
- Perform daily encounter checks to assure reporting accuracy. – what is this?
- Coordinates collection, processing, maintenance, storage, retrieval, documentation, and distribution of medical records per policy and procedure.
- Assures documentation of logs of medical record release.
- Provides information to parties engaged in research or study projects involving patient care and utilization of services in accordance with policy.
- Oversees the materials going in and out of the office, including inventory, shipments, and deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Day to day work includes desk and computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Associate Degree or higher preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience, preferably in a medical setting with insurance billing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to supporting software applications.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.