School Administration Assistant
Indie School, Logan is looking for a full-time School Administrative Support and Receptionist.
The greatest difference between Indie School and many other alternative education settings is that our foundations lay in Adult Education philosophies. Indie Schools Logan have the core pillars: Wellbeing, Agency and Learning.
Smaller class sizes allow students greater opportunity to identify their strengths and work to improve areas in which they lack confidence.
Indie School provides students the opportunity to learn in a supportive environment that uses individual plans, tailored to each student’s own education / life circumstances. In return for higher levels of self-responsibility, the students can enjoy some greater freedoms.
The successful candidate will support staff and students in a secondary setting across all daily activities. Experience in a similar role dealing with students or education is essential
The role the successful candidate will complete are reception and administrative tasks, as directed by the Head of School., supporting the wellbeing of our students.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage Reception and all enquires to the School
- Receive visitors to the school
- Support School staff with student issues and concerns
- Process student enrolment paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage student database ensuring accuracy and currency of student / family contact information
- Draft and distribute meeting minutes and other internal communication, as directed by Head of School
- Draft and distribute external communication to families, as directed by Head of School
- Manage bookings and catering for excursions and school functions
- Manage orders of stationery and equipment, as directed by Head of School
- Assisting with excursions and the supervision of students
- Prioritising and completing a range of administrative tasks, as required by the Head of School
- Communicating professionally with members of our community
- Maintaining professional confidentiality
- Supporting the philosophy and ethos of the School (the ‘Indie Way’)
- Use of the Microsoft Office suite and other online programs, platforms and databases
- Completing other duties as determined by the Head of School
- Experience working with young people
- Experience in a reception/administration role
- High level of customer service
- A Self-directed individual
- Currently hold, or willing to obtain, a current National Police check and a Working with Children Check (Qld)
- Strong literacy and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively (in a small team), and resiliently
- Experience working with students who are, or have been, disengaged from mainstream education, or are at-risk of disengagement
- An understanding of trauma informed education, or a willingness to gain this knowledge
- An understanding of the relevant regulations and legislation that applies to schools and children
For this position with our company, applicants must be willing and able to provide:
- Annual National Police Checks.
- Working with Children’s Check
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status in line with State Government requirements.
Please submit, via Seek:
- A one-page cover letter that explains how you meet the requirements for this role, and
- A resume (no more than three pages).
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.