Full Job Description
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Poughkeepsie Completive Center (PCC) at Poughkeepsie, NY is the backbone to supporting the organization in implementing and comparing IBM and competitor products and services with the purpose of providing our clients and IBM offering management with quantitative metrics comparing alternative solutions. The PCC hosts a diverse collection of servers and storage to support the mission, including x86 and z architectures.
The Infrastructure Architect will be part of a team of engineers and architects working on implementing and comparing IBM and competitor products and services with the purpose of providing our clients and IBM offering management with quantitative metrics comparing alternative solutions by designing, planning, implementing, and providing leadership in technical and project management of the Poughkeepsie Completive Center (PCC) raised floor in Poughkeepsie, NY.
The Infrastructure Architect delivers on a broad scale many solutions including
improving operational efficiencies, reducing costs, and strategic changes working with
IBM infrastructure support teams, IBM internal application teams, and other subject matter
experts within and outside of the organization.
Asset lifecycle management:
- Requirements gathering
- Work with vendors on pricing and configuration options.
- Procurement with IBM buyers
- Keep asset records updated.
- Asset allocation / collection
- Asset surplus
One site Lab Technician Support:
- Rack Installation
- Cabling / Labeling
- Configure Servers
- Configure Network Switches and Routers
- Configure SAN switches
- Configure Storage
Service Availability Leader:
- Deploy tools to monitor health of servers, network switches and san switches.
- Deploy tools to monitor power consumption and balance UPS loads.
- Open hardware and software service records to resolve hardware and software issues.
Budget / Planning
- Participate in Fall Planning
- Submit and manage capital requests
- Submit and manage expense requests.
Vendor Relationship manager.
- Work with vendors to provide product updates to the team.
- Coordinate services engagement with vendors for in-site and off-site support.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in installing and configuring server hardware and required networking.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to learn and apply new skills fast
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within the team and build good working relationships across IBM organizations
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- IBM Certification in one of the following disciplines: IT Architect, IT Specialist or Software Engineering
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Progressive experience in data center infrastructure
- Experienced in solution design, networking, storage (provisioning, SAN zoning)
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.