Salary$58,000 a yearJob TypeFull-time
Full Job Description
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
BAM is searching for their next Helpdesk Analyst who will support internal customers through responding to service tickets, troubleshooting, and providing other needed customer support.? We are looking for someone who can support the team resolve helpdesk tickets in a timely manner; support audio/visual desktop and conference room equipment; perform IT onboarding/offboarding tasks; and support issue resolution in according with departmental service level agreements.The selected candidate will be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients while utilizing excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
BAM administrative staff are currently working from home. However, we do have plans to re-open BAM’s offices in the Fall. As we re-open BAM’s campus, all BAM staff will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter the buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolves first-level end-user support issues
- Updates and maintains database of IT hardware and software assets
- Assists with installation and maintenance of hardware and software in a Windows environment
- Respond to requests in person, over the phone, or by remote control software
- Monitor and update Service Desk tickets and escalate issues based on severity
- Maintain daily performance of computer and AV systems
- Maps workstations to printers and maintains printer drivers
- Provide backup ticket support for the other IT support staff as assigned
- Assist end-users with office productivity applications
- Install and terminate unshielded twisted pair and coaxial cabling
- Light clerical duties
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3 years’ experience of working in a Helpdesk or general IT setting.
- Experience with various Windows OS’s, Office 365, and other Microsoft family products
- Experience with Apple products and software a plus
- Basic Active Directory knowledge – create accounts, reset passwords, access controls
- Hardware Troubleshooting – Laptops, Monitors, External Devices, Desktops, Mobile Devices, Printers
- Experience responding to client inquiries concerning systems operations
- Ability to provide instruction in use of equipment, software and manuals.
- Experience running diagnosis and correcting system hardware, software and user problems
- Experience with repairing and replacing components and entire systems.
- Ability to independently research a problem using available resources, such as manuals, training materials and the Internet
- Self-Motivated, willing to learn and stay up-to-date with technology
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to work full-time hours on a rotating schedule (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit for prolonged periods of times. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Ability to move throughout the facilities as required.
COMPENSATION: This is a union position and will be paid in accordance with the UAW 2110 Collective Bargaining Agreement. Salary will be $58,000 annually. This position is full-time, exempt, and eligible for benefits.
Internal Applicants must apply via the Internal Job Portal by the application deadline. Applications not submitted by the deadline may not be considered. Employees must meet all the following criteria to be considered for an interview:
- Completed at least 1 year of continuous, active service in current position. (Positions excluded include, but are not limited to, temporary assignments, and probationary employees);
- Meet the experience and skills requirement as outlined in the job post;
- Be employed in current position for at least one year:
- Performed in a satisfactory manner without any corrective actions in the last 12 months
Brooklyn Academy of Music is an equal-opportunity employer. BAM is currently undergoing an anti- oppression process. BAM recognizes that historic institutional practices lead to a non-inclusive environment and is working to address diversity and inclusion in all forms. Individuals in BAM are experiencing their own pace during this process, which is not uncommon when addressing power and privilege. The IT department supports and continues to take part in this process.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.