Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
The University of Melbourne is a leading international university with a tradition of excellence in teaching and research. The main campus in Parkville is recognised as the hub of Australia’s premier knowledge precinct comprising eight hospitals, many leading research institutes and a wide range of knowledge-based industries. With outstanding performance in international rankings, the University is at the forefront of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region and the world.
The University of Melbourne employs people of outstanding calibre and offers a unique environment where staff are valued and rewarded.
About the Role
The Associate Director of Finance & Reporting (FP&A Manager) is a highly interactive and visible role responsible for the financial management of one or more University divisions organised into service clusters. Through an embedded business partnering model, you will lead a team of Finance Business Partners that support the division to deliver their strategic and operational goals. You will do this by managing financial performance, ensuring financial resources are allocated efficiently and effectively, providing financial insights and decision-making support.
The position will develop and maintain business relationships within the cluster and across the broader organisation that promotes collaboration and contribute to the delivery of business and financial objectives.
Duties (not limited to)
* Lead the annual budget, financial forecasting and financial performance monitoring activities for one or more divisions.
* Monitor short term and long-term financial performance of one or more divisions.
* Ensure that financial resources are allocated efficiently and effectively in support of the strategic and operational goals of the Division.
* Monitor, analyse and assess the financial performance of the Division, highlighting risks and opportunities and recommend or implement actions where necessary.
* Lead, mentor and support the professional development of the team, creating opportunities to build capability.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders, Divisional Executive leadership.
To be considered for this position, you will have managed a sizable budget in another organisation; you will consider yourself to have a commercially focussed mindset and be driven by process improvement; partnering with non-finance will come naturally to you.
You will be CPA/CA qualified and have a keen interest in developing employees; prior staff management experience is required. You will play a key role in driving change, so a good amount of energy is required, and a collaborative working style is critical. Although experience from the education sector will be attractive, we are keen to consider candidates from other, complex organisations.
Please submit your CV today if you are interested in this opportunity. Please note, the University of Melbourne has exclusively engaged Marshall McAdam to support them with this recruitment, any referrals/direct applications will be directed to Lucinda Ridd.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.