Full Job Description
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Executive Assistant I is responsible for overall support to a Vice President or Chair as related to day-to-day operations of a large or complex department or office. Coordinates the administrative activities for the clinical, administrative, and academic department or departments for which the VP or Chair is responsible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partners with management in the planning, scheduling, coordination and reporting of activities to ensure that projects, goals and objectives are accomplished on time and within budget.
2. Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports
3. Monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
4. May maintain departmental employee files, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems.
5. May mentor, train and/or conduct orientation for new office support staff and monitor performance.
6. May coordinate administrative, secretarial and/or general office support coverage.
7. May assign work, set deadlines and supervise the work of assigned staff, and participate in performance appraisal process.
8. Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assists in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
9. Develops, updates and/or revises informational flyers, brochures, leaflets and mailings.
10. Checks materials submitted for supervisor’s attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
11. Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors’ contracts and renews as needed.
12. Coordinates meetings and appointments, and maintains supervisor’s calendar.
13. Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
14. Screens and prioritizes incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
15. Screens telephone calls, answers inquiries or directs caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
16. May assist supervisor with the completion of grant applications, special projects and Joint Commission and other survey preparations.
17. Performs other related duties.
- [BASED ON JOB DESCRIPTION, THE NECESSARY JOB REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES—DEGREES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.]
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
- Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
- Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.