Full Job Description
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation’s leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient’s ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Radiology. Learn more about NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clerk.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for patient processing in all areas, including accessioning, verification, receiving and retrieval of patient information.
- Processing of physician requisitions. Fills out physician requisition accurately checks for correct codes, patient demographics and requested tests. Secures physicians signature and/or prescription form. Efficiently directs patient to finance and phlebotomist areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Accurately sorts and distributes mail to various locations within the Medical Center.
- Performs errands. Carries out errands according to Supervisor’s instructions, takes materials to correct location. Performs errands in a prompt and timely manner.
- Answers the telephone according to lab protocol. Answers the telephone in a courteous manner identifies the department when answering call. Takes message thoroughly and accurately. Transfers calls to correct individual based on context of inquiry. Answers call promptly, gives out accurate information to routine questions.
- Processes doctors and pre-accession requisitions on a daily basis. Maintains doctors and pre-accession requisitions in a well-organized manner. Files requisitions accurately. Maintains files up to date in order to facilitate their retrieval.
- Enters and receives patient data. Performs clerical accessioning and verifies patient data in the computer according to established laboratory procedures. Types information accurately. Follows instructions given by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or the Equivalent. Effective oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills. Basic knowledge of personal computer, ability to type 35wpm with a minimum of one (1) year of full time work experience in a laboratory setting.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.