Cash Receipts Coordinator
The Cash Receipts Coordinator, under general and specific supervision, posts cash receipts to the 3E Accounting System and notifies partners of daily collections.
Reports directly to the manager of Accounting. Interacts frequently with other members of the Finance Department. Interacts with attorneys, management team, secretarial staff and clients.
- Posts cash receipts on a daily basis and overnight bank receipts by 10:00 a.m. the following morning
- Processes write offs of small account receivable balances as they occur (based on departmental and Firm policy)
- Processes payments reversals and re-allocations requested by the billing team
- Files cash receipts batches on a daily basis. Maintains files based on internal and external audit requirements
- Researches and posts all unidentified payments within 4-5 days of receipt date
- Maintains balance sheet schedule of all unidentified cash and resolves within one month of date of receipt
- Circulates daily cash receipts reports to the Client Relationship Partners
- Assists with year-end audit requests and ad hoc projects as needed
- Responds to telephone calls and emails
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: College graduate with a minimum of six college credits in accounting. College degree in Accounting is a plus.
Experience: At least 2 years in account receivables and/or cash application and collection. Understanding automated journal entries and the impact on the general ledger. Work with and prepare Excel worksheets.
Skills and Abilities: Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills: numerical aptitude; professionalism and integrity. Ability to effectively communicate with the partners, attorneys, professional staff, and peers. Must be adaptable and work under time constraints with interruptions and tight deadlines. Must have excellent time management skills to prioritize tasks while presenting choices in a diplomatic manner. Must be organized, detailed oriented, a team player and possess a high degree of accuracy.
Job Specific Skills: Knowledge of accounts receivable and/or cash application processes and related software.
Technological Skills: Knowledge of 3E accounting system is a plus. Proficiency with various software programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and use of the Internet is required.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.