Associate Human Resources Officer
Full Job Description
This position is located in the Headquarters Client Support Service (HCSS), Division of Administration (DOA), New York, Department of Operational Support (DOS). The Human Resources Officer reports to the Senior Human Resources Officer, DOS.
The HQCSS also provides administrative support to the Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict, the Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children, the Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Children and Armed Conflict, the Ethics Office, the Global Compact Office, the Human Security Unit, the Office of Administration of Justice, the Office of Information and Communications Technology, the Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services, the Office of Special Envoy for Haiti, the Office of Victims’ Rights Advocate, the Office of Special Coordinator on Improving the United Nations Response to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, the United Nations Office for Partnerships, as well as to the liaison offices of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in New York and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research.
In line with the Secretary-General’s management reform report effective 01 January 2019 DOS will focus on operations, services, transactions and surge support to entities in weak environments. It will service and support the entire Secretariat – at Headquarters, the regional commissions and offices away from Headquarters and in the field.ResponsibilitiesWithin limits of delegated authority, the Associate Human Resources Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters.
- Prepares special reports and participates and/or leads special human resources project.
- Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of human resources.
RECRUITMENT AND PLACEMENT
- Coordinates with client offices in identifying upcoming vancancies.
- Projects and monitors vacant posts of client offices and ensures adherence to policies and procedures in filling these posts.
- Oversees preparation of job openings and temporary job openings with client offices.
- Reviews recommendation on the selection of candidate by client offices.
- Monitors and evaluates recruitment and placement related activities of client offices, and recommends changes or corrections related to procedures to these offices.
ADMINISTRATION OF ENTITLEMENTS
- Provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulation and rules.
- Administers and provides advice on salary and related benefits, travel, and social security entitlements.
- Determines and recommends benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status.
- Reviews policies and procedures and recommends changes as required.
- Reviews and recommends level of remuneration for consultants.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER SUPPORT
- Provides advice on mobility development and career support to staff at all levels in all categories.
- Provides performance management advice to staff and management. Assists supervisors and staff with understanding and using the performance appraisal system (ePAS).
- Advises and counsels staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Organises, gathers and maintains statistics and prepares reports related to staffing and other personnel matters as required.
- Monitors, advises and acts on disciplinary matters in accordance with established policies and procedures. Mediates conflict, grievance and harassment cases.
- Supervises and monitors the work of Administrative Assistants/HR Partners assigned to area of responsibility in undertaking the full range of human resource management activities.
- Prepares classification analysis of jobs in Professional and General Service and related categories.
- Provides guidance to programme managers on the application of classification policies and procedures and by undertaking whole office review.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.