Full Job Description
Equal Justice USA (EJUSA) is a rapidly growing national organization working to transform the justice system by promoting responses to violence that break cycles of trauma. We work at the intersection of criminal justice, public health, and racial justice to elevate healing and safety over retribution, advance racial equity, and meet the needs of survivors. Our programs work to end the death penalty, expand community-based healing and violence prevention programs in impacted communities, reduce the scope of policing, and change the national narrative on violence and accountability. EJUSA has a bold vision for healing and equity that directly aligns with this urgent national moment – making this an exciting time to join our team and design the next phase of EJUSA’s strategy.
EJUSA has 30 extraordinary staff members throughout the country and a small national office in Brooklyn. We are a diverse, passionate team that loves working together to deliver real change.
We are seeking a sharp and detail-oriented self-starter to join our growing team and play a lead role in supporting the daily operations of our national office and remote staff. The ideal candidate will be able to dive right in and support all technical, logistical, and office-based needs; help to manage organizational risk; and respond to the needs of a primarily remote staff. This is a great opportunity for a detail oriented person who can manage multiple moving parts to help improve and streamline systems and infrastructure of a high-impact nonprofit.
This role will report to and work closely with the Senior Operations Manager to ensure effective day-to-day operations and strengthen our administrative structure. The role is a full-time remote position with occasional expected travel to Brooklyn, NY for office-based projects.
- Maintain online retail accounts and support staff, when needed, with requests including office supplies, equipment, marketing materials, and stationery
- Implementation and follow through of organizational systems and cycles
- Manage organization filing and document storage systems (electronic and physical)
- Provide administrative support to Senior Operations Manager and Director of Finance and Administration, including reconciling administrative credit card expenses; provide support, when needed, to other Directors and the Board
- Assist the staff with travel or logistics for events and other major projects, such as in-person staff meetings, board meetings, trainings, bulk mailings, shipping, and fundraising events
- Answer phones, open and process mail, check general email and voicemail boxes, and respond to requests for information
- Maintain incoming and outgoing check logs
- Lead and coordinate in-person staff retreat planning team, two times a year
- Process purchase requests, track invoices, and process reimbursements
- Manage organizational calendars
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Track IT needs and requests
- Assist with IT administration including the setup of new computers and users
- Lead IT onboarding module for new hires
- Maintaining computer inventory
- Be a liaison to the external IT consultant
3-5 years providing administrative support in a team-based environment
- Strong organizational ability, including the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, prioritize and keep things moving, while maintaining high attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience developing messages and writing for different goals and audiences
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite and Google workspace
- Experience with web-based computer applications and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience troubleshooting and providing basic IT support
- Comfort working with a Mac-based environment or ability to learn with ease
- A positive attitude, and the ability to get along with a diverse group of people and be a true team player
- Comfort with and ability to manage confidential information
- Ability and willingness to travel (10%)
- Experience working remotely a plus
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Equal Justice USA, including a commitment to racial equity
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.