Karlka Nyiyaparli Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC (KNAC) is the Registered Native Title Body Corporate holding the Native Title in trust for the Nyiyaparli People. The Nyiyaparli People are the Traditional Owners of approximately 36,684 square kilometres of land and waters in the east Pilbara region, including the township of Newman, Western Australia.
KNAC has the responsibility for compliance with a number of significant mining related Indigenous Land Use Agreements (ILUAs), acts as the Local Aboriginal Corporation (LAC) and is a key stakeholder in the Nyiyaparli Benefit Management Structure.
The Administration Officer (AO) provides The Administration Officer is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical, and administrative support in order to ensure that KNAC’s services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. The AO will liaise with internal and external stakeholders including the KNAC management team and staff, Elders, members and various commercial, Government and non-government stakeholders.
Key daily tasks
- Answering and redirecting incoming calls as appropriate
- Facilitating member walk in requests
- Digital filing and data management
- Raising purchase orders
- Collection and registering mail
- Monitoring and managing office supplies
- Meeting organisation
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in working with Indigenous Australians and/or commitment to develop cultural competency
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office applications
Desired skills and experience
- Previous work in an Aboriginal Corporation
Salary & Benefits
12 month maximum term contract (maternity leave cover): hours negotiable. Potentially move to a permanent position.
- A competitive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience and will include 5 weeks (pro rata) annual leave.
- Conditional housing allowance available.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- The role is based in South Hedland
To be successful in this role the applicant must be culturally sensitive, flexible in your work approach and can quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
Karlka is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we embrace and value diversity and encourage Indigenous Australians to apply.
Please apply with a cover letter and up to date resume, through Seek, on or before Friday 11 February, 5pm WST
KNAC reserves the right to interview or appoint any candidate at any point throughout the recruitment process and may withdraw the position at any time.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.