Full Job Description
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse performs specific clerical function and non-professional services necessary to maintain efficient and effective operations of the nursing unit or department, consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the nursing department and hospital administration.
1. Coordinates all activities involved in the preparation and maintenance of patient records to ensure accuracy and completeness, including assembling all admission records, patient records, and printing labels and I.D bands.
2. Ensures that electronic medical records (“EMR”) are processed and maintained in an accurate and complete manner, enters and updates patient information.
3. Prepares patient records for discharge and/or transfer including, copying paperwork, chart breakdown, and contacting appropriate departments including discharge concierge.
4. Ensures accurate, timely and professional communication when speaking on the phone, taking messages from members of the department, speaking to patients and physicians, and making post-discharge follow-up appointments.
5. Facilitates efficient patient flow by means of electronic capacity management, bed management system and ensures clinical attributes in capacity management are current and accurate.
6. Organizes and prioritizes workload to complete responsibilities within assigned shift, updates primary nursing board (patient assignment board) daily and as changes occur, initiates and/or updates census sheet, and maintains work area and nurses’ station in a neat and orderly manner.
7. Floats to other units to provide assistance as needed, and/or accept additional assignments as requested to support the department’s efficiency as observed by nursing leadership.
8. Remains current in clerical practices, programs and procedures utilized by the department, and attends mandatory in-services as evidenced by completed education record on the nursing unit.
9. Under the instruction and guidance from leadership, assist with chart audits, maintaining informational bulletin boards, ordering and maintaining unit supplies in a cost-effective manner, and other non-clinical activities.
10. Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
11. Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Required: High School diploma, or equivalent experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
Basic understanding of office equipment and general knowledge of simple medical procedures or terminology.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: The hours will be 7a-3p.
Org Unit: 972
Department: Emergency Department
EOE, including disability/vets.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.