Transfer Credit Coordinator
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to the Transfer Credit Manager, the Transfer Credit Coordinator will primarily be responsible for evaluating transcripts, reviewing transfer courses for course equivalency, and entering transfer credit data/equivalencies for undergraduate degree students. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Transfer Credit Coordinator will:
- Ensure that transfer credit data is accurately recorded in the student information system (SIS) in a timely manner to help support student success
- Record and enter prior college course history, college level exams, and pre-evaluated credentials from hard copy transcripts and/or electronic transcripts into CUNYfirst
- Review, evaluate, and post course equivalencies in CUNYfirst for college level exams, credentials and previous college courses
- Assist in transfer credit workflow processes and procedures aimed to result in the seamless transition of transfer credit, including but not limited to prior coursework, military transcripts, college-level exams, and other credit for prior learning options
- Review the accuracy of credits entered in the student information system and identify transfer credit and/or course equivalency discrepancies
- Research course acceptability or accreditation of unfamiliar institutions and assist with preliminary evaluations
- Obtain course descriptions, catalogs, and institutional information to support the review of unevaluated courses
- Collaborate with academic advisors, academic departments, and the transfer credit specialist to maintain transfer course equivalency rules in CUNYFirst and the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) for non-CUNY institutions
- Maintain current knowledge of academic policies and curricula
- Implement business practices and workflows to improve the transfer credit process
- Maintain accuracy of transfer credit evaluations in SIS by running audit queries.
- Assist with enrollment related and School-wide events.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience evaluating academic transcripts for the purpose of awarding transfer credit and course equivalencies
- Experience entering transfer credit evaluations in PeopleSoft based systems such as CUNYfirst
- Experience using degree audit systems such as DegreeWorks to view curriculum requirements and degree progress
- Familiarity with transfer curriculum issues and practices
- Knowledge of credit for prior learning assessment
A commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with an extremely high degree of accuracy
- Proven knowledge of the enrollment cycle and related processes in higher education
- Strong communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- A high level or organization and ability to work efficiently and independently on multiple tasks
- Willingness to work evening hours as necessary
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, across departments, in a team-oriented environment
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports student enrollment activities and processing.
- Provides direct student services and works collaboratively with other units to support registration, payment, and related activities
- Conducts workshops on enrollment management services and processes
- Counsels students, staff and faculty on academic registration, admissions, testing, and related processing
- Manages student information databases and resolves issues with student records and transactions
- Ensures compliance with college, Federal, and New York State regulations and policies
- Creates and updates content for web pages, bulletins, and other media to ensure effective communications to students and campus community
- May supervise clerical and/or part-time staff and coordinate work schedules
- Performs related duties as assigned.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.