Technology Support Engineer
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
Provide first‐line support for all Aljazeera user‐base for user‐facing hardware, software, desktop, enterprise and broadcast applications. Coach and mentor engineers and lead by example.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES 1 Perform, review, and confirm preventive maintenance performed for critical systems to avoid On air output service interruption 2 Setup, configure, maintain user’s accounts and passwords (functional accounts, distribution groups, etc…). 3 Prepare & write knowledge base articles and other documentations 4 Provide immediate support for urgent calls and critical areas (on‐Air and web online users, Galleries, Presenters, Studios) with minimal service interruption. 5 Setup and maintain critical IT devices used by field journalists and external bureaus (Reporters, Cameramen, presenters, etc…) to ensure business continuity and provide support remotely when required 6 Respond to end user Incidents and Requests (Calls, E‐mails and ESS) and ensure all calls are logged, updated and closed accurately as per agreed Service/Operational Level Agreements (SLAs/OLAs). 7 Coordinate with vendors for repairing faulty IT equipment and ensure critical On‐Air devices are replaced and fixed on timely manner. 8 Manage and participate in projects related to the section as needed.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES 1 Record all IT hardware & software assets using the followed Asset Management process. 2 Prepare general reports relevant to the job and submit it to superiors 3 Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested by superiors and act as a higher role as needed. 4 Train new employees within Technology Support team
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS Education:
• Bachelor of Science in I.T or related field
• ITIL Foundation certification preferred (or ability to become certified within 3 months of hire).
Minimum Required Academic Degree: Bachelor Degree
Experience: • 2 years of experience in related field.
Minimum Required Relevant Experience Years: 2 Year(s)
• Written and verbal communication
• Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
• IT Hardware and Software • IT technologies, networking and various operating system setup, configurations and technical support skills Abilities: • Able to provide technical support to end user quickly • Able to work under pressure • Able to work in assigned shifts • Able to multitask • Able to provide Remote Support • Adaptability and flexibility Core Competencies:
1‐ Al Jazeera ethics and code of conduct.
2‐ Al Jazeera spirit.
Work Environment: Job Demands: Physical Characteristics: •Be in good physical condition •Ready to carry/move IT equipment Other Characteristics: 7.
• Meeting IT KPIs
• Quality and accuracy of deliverables • Delivering services within the SLA (Service Level Agreement) within technology standards • Ensure Security of delivered services
TOOLS & EQUIPMENTS • Testing Equipment • Ticketing system • Remote Desktop Utility
•Be in good physical condition
•Ready to carry/move IT equipment
Job Location Doha, Qatar Company Industry Media Production Company Type Employer (Private Sector) Job Role Information Technology Employment Type Contractor Monthly Salary Range $1,000 – $1,500 Number of Vacancies 1
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.