Technician Surveyor – Surveying Associate
We are a busy Brisbane suburban surveying and town planning firm established for over 30 years. We undertake a wide variety of projects generally in the greater Brisbane area, particularly infill development projects including cadastral, construction, building and housing set out surveys.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of three years experience and must be able to work independently, display attention to detail, be physically fit and have strong communication skills to liaise with clients and fellow staff at Gateway Survey & Planning. Gateway Survey & Planning will give you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects while you continue to develop your career.
The successful applicant will be offered a diverse role with the ability to work on a variety of projects whilst continuing to develop their career. With a dedication to the profession, you will uphold our high service quality through adherence to survey process and precise use of our equipment.
As a Surveyor with us, you will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking engineering surveys, detailed surveys, construction set out and infrastructure surveys,
- Establishing and adjusting control on site, producing drawings showing calculations, set outs and as-builts,
- Reduction of data collected in the field and extracting it into a CAD package for appropriate sketch plan or final plan presentation,
- Maintaining surveying equipment and motor vehicles in accordance with company policies,
- Communicating with Project Managers with regards to project progress,
- Reporting to managers, consultants and clients when required to alert them of potential health risks and shortfalls.
We also have a position, for a student currently undertaking appropriate surveying studies, to start as a survey assistant. The role will develop into a survey party leader with career prospects.
The successful applicant will need to hold the following qualifications and experience:
- Three years surveying experience,
- Proficient in performing construction set-out and as-built surveys,
- Proficient in performing detailed site surveys,
- Office calculations, plan drafting and plan presentation,
- Experience in using a variety of survey equipment including Trimble S5 and TSC controllers, GNSS equipment,
- Experience with 12D Model and CAD software,
- Motivated, reliable and committed,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and team environments,
- Sound understanding of appropriate Australian standards and legislation.
We can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration based on experience,
- Local five day work week,
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Exposure to and use of the latest survey technology & equipment
- A commitment to ensuring you achieve your long term career goals
If you feel that now is as good a time to make a change to your work environment then we encourage you to apply.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.