Support workers are absolutely crucial to supporting and assisting others to live their best life – however that may look for them. Providing individuals with opportunities for choice, control and self-advocacy takes special skills, understanding, and heart.
We are currently looking to build a new team around one of our new participants. She is a lady in her 40s who is very excited to be moving out of the family home into her own place on the Redcliffe Peninsula! An artist and a lover of music, fashion and a good tv soapie, this outgoing individual loves vibrant fun people. Always keen to get out and about -going into the city, browsing the markets or just checking out the beach, this exciting life needs the assistance of some wonderful support workers to give her the edge she needs to participate fully!
About your role
Reporting to your Team Leader you will:
- Provide personal care where required and other personalised support in accordance with her plan (this may include transportation).
- Assist in the development, implementation, support and evaluation of plans -enabling her to set and achieve her own goals.
- Facilitate any community inclusion or participation as required. This may include helping to build and maintain relationships or pursue any interests through access to community activities, venues and services.
- Build and maintain meaningful work relationships with your Mercy family, wider services and other networks so that together, there is a connected circle of care for the individual life you support as well as yourself. We are an organisation of people for people and it is important to make sure we all have the support we need.
Why choose Mercy?
We understand that finding the right organisation and the right team is just as important as finding the right role. We look to finding people that work well together, not just those who have previous experience in the industry. We encourage anyone that has had any experience caring for, or assisting others personally or professionally to apply, as it’s sometimes a case of what’s inside that counts.
As a valued employee of the Mercy family you will enjoy:
- A variety of employment options – permanent part-time and casual
- A range of consistent shifts
- In touch, accessible, knowledgeable Team Leaders
- Increased take home pay for our permanent staff with salary sacrificing benefits – up to $15,900 per annum and
- Up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment (meals, holiday accommodation etc).
- Access to novated leases for a motor-vehicle to reduce your taxable income.
- Paid Blue card & NDIS compliance checks.
- Physical office support with a variety of locations.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Work with a new motivated team!
- Career pathway planning and development
What do I need if I am successful?
Before you can start working with us, you need to provide, or be willing to obtain:
- 2 referees
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver’s License
- Your own registered vehicle and insurance.
- Working with Children Check & NDIS Worker Screening Check (we will pay for these if you haven’t got them yet)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.