Senior Engineer Facilities Engineering
- Career Progression
- Competitive Offer & Staff Perks
- Training Provided
About GLOBALFOUNDRIESGLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique
combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most
inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
The main role of this position is to provide engineering support to ensure optimum performance of UPW and WWTP system. This includes Project Management, UPW, WWTP installations and capacity upgrading, facility operations problem solving and facilities capacity and asset tracking. The role of the UPW Engineer covers the following areas: Project Management, operations troubleshooting with long term engineering solution, training and water conservation. Systems overseen by the incumbent includes the following: UPW systems, WWTP system, Slurry treatment, Copper treatment system, UPW reclaim system, Drains and Wet Stations and Domestic water systems
Essential Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing tender specifications, tender interviews, together with the Purchasing department, selection of suitable contractor/vendor and verifying progress claims, based on work on site.
- Liaising with consultants and authorities while implementing hardening projects, facility work request and support any FAB ramp project. Manage and lead the FAB UPW and WWTP system Planned shutdown activities.
- Represent GLOBALFOUNDRIES and protecting the company’s interests in system design, negotiations, project meetings and payment claims.
- Liaising with the consultant or relevant authorities for required submissions.
- Develop and review Operational Procedures and review Work Instructions.
- Generating the required Operational Procedures/ Work Instructions before system hand-over to Fac Operations.
- Reviewing the Escalation Procedure for minimizing and smooth handling of the system incidents.
- Formulate FMEA scenarios for each system installed and implement appropriate measures to prevent/reduce potential for system failure.
- Head QIT/ Technical forum work on system improvement, procedure streamlining, and productivity improvement or cost savings.
- Preparation of Permits to Work and site verification to ensure housekeeping and Safety regulations are complied with EHS/NEA guidelines.
- Troubleshooting of UPW/WWTP, drains and related system problems together with cross-functional Facility Operations team and follow up action for long term engineering solution.
- Provide training for Facility Operation for existing systems and new systems.
- Carry out Facilities Work requests as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly expense and CAPEX budget
- Tracking of Budget and cost control expenses and utilities that include blanket order and service contracts.
- Monitoring of SPC by daily reviewing of trends, Preventive Maintenance and logging as well as feedback to Facility Operations.
- Responsible for the class 1 instrument calibrations coordination and tracking as per QRA requirements.
- Planning and ordering of critical spares and consumables items for all the UPW/WWTP system.
- Representation and liaising with auditors for EHS/QRA on regulatory compliance such as ISO 14001, QS 9000, OHSA 18001, TS 16949, customer audit and etc.
- Representation and liaising with NEA for National regulatory audit.
- Budget forecast, review and tracking for DI Supplies, Water and Waste Disposal Cost Center.
- Train and motivate the subordinates to achieve the desired goals and objectives.
- Contractor permit to work controls, sign off work permit, sign-in/off contractors
- Provide first line containment action, escalation to relevant, section manager and Fab Operation
- Maintain a proper housekeeping in all areas in the plant.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Degree holder in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years in similar capacity and working experience in the electronics manufacturing environment.
- Good interpersonal skill. Ability to lead in meetings with contractors or vendors.
GlobalFoundries is an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe having a multicultural workplace enhances productivity, efficiency and innovation whilst our employees feel truly respected, valued and heard.
As an affirmative employer, all qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, marital status, citizenship, race, religion, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation and medical and/or physical abilities.
All offers of employment with GlobalFoundries are conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, medical screenings as applicable and subject to the respective local laws and regulations.
To ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our GlobalFoundries employees, please note that offered candidates who have applied for jobs in Singapore will have to be fully vaccinated prior to their targeted start date. For new hires, the appointment is contingent upon the provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.