Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Senior Planning Engineer provides project controls and planning support to the Package Managers and manages all aspects of schedule development, maintenance, monitoring on his behalf (incl. making mitigation / acceleration proposals). The Senior Planning Engineer reviews, analyses and validates all inputs received from the Discipline Leads and reflects these accordingly in the Design Work Package’s detailed P6 Primavera schedule. The Senior Planning Engineer will implement and drive good practice in Schedule Management across all Work Packages assigned to him. He undertakes regular health checks of the schedule(s) to identify opportunities and risks and to manage interfaces across the technical disciplines involved. This role requires the application of personal drive and motivation to influence behaviors and achieve targeted outcomes.
- Provides comments and recommendations for schedule requirements relative to staffing and project control.
- Develops and maintains the relevant section(s) of the Master Schedule for the design work packages assigned to him.
- Establishes appropriate milestones for each work package and capture key milestones in the Master Schedule.
- Analyses comparisons of work package scope versus identified activities and allocated resources to ensure full delivery of scope in the most optimized manner.
- Undertakes regular review of productivity for the teams assigned to his work packages and make necessary recommendations to the Design Package Manager.
- Produces detailed schedules and supports the production of detailed work package.
- Communicates to the various work package teams regular schedule updates with associated progress, key issues, and key milestones to be met.
- In support of the above, attends work package meetings and during which, he identifies any milestones that are at risk and with the work package team, identifies proposed opportunities to correct / mitigate any delays.
- Manages all planning interfaces between the various work packages assigned to him and the packages assigned to other Senior Planning Engineers, ensuring full visibility of the overall program delivery.
- Reviews and analyses weekly/monthly inputs received from the Discipline Leads before reflecting these on the schedules.
- Actively support the development and the maintenance of good industry standards for project control and planning.
- Prepares and presents to the team schedule impact reports. Develops with the team proposed schedule recovery plans, including impact on resources. Liaises with the Cost Engineers as appropriate.
- Interfaces with designated NEOM/EPM counterparts under the supervision of the Package Manager and of the Planning Manager.
- Participates actively in developing and updating all the weekly/monthly and any other ad hoc reports including PowerPoint presentations.
- Knowledgeable of planning and scheduling concepts and principles including effects on financial performance.
- Familiar with data sources and supports basic schedule development.
- Supports analysis of schedule, identifies and investigates project schedule variances.
- Collects and updates data and updates and produces scheduling reports.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of WBS and support activities to implement applicable coding. Supports basic schedule development.
- Supports gathering and assembling data for schedule updating.
- Supports measurement of project schedule progress and gathers and assembles data for schedule and network updating.
- Gathers data for schedule baseline development and maintenance.
- Familiar with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting methods.
- Understands CPM scheduling concepts and principles and able to develop basic engineering, procurement, and construction logic.
- Understands concepts and principles of scope control and change management and earned value methodology.
- Supports monthly report preparation.
- May participate in planning and scheduling meetings to gain insight to planning and scheduling issues.
- Exposure to basic scheduling and cost baseline fundamentals, concepts and principles.
- Experience in schedule development, monitoring and reviewing.
- Significant experience with Primavera software (P6).
- Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge of working contracts.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- +5 years of experience in construction/engineering (Site).
- Relevant certification in project management, or project controls, or project planning will be an advantage / preferred
- Construction trade software (Primavera 6 or MS Projects)
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word)
Job Location Saudi Arabia Company Industry Construction & Building Company Type Employer (Private Sector) Job Role Engineering Employment Type Unspecified Monthly Salary Range Unspecified Number of Vacancies Unspecified
Career Level Mid Career Residence Location Saudi Arabia
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.