Physics Technical Support Assistant
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. Renowned for academic excellence and a broad, inclusive program, Pembroke offers the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and is also an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
The School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic applicant to undertake the role of Physics and Mathematics Technical Support Assistant, commencing mid January 2022. This is a permanent, part time position working 30 hours per week during term time (40 weeks per year).
The position is responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient Physics laboratory programme for Year 11 and 12 students under the leadership of the Head of Science. As the successful applicant, you will bring a collaborative, proactive and enthusiastic approach to working with Physics students and staff, the broader Science department and the Mathematics department.
The Physics and Mathematics Technical Support Assistant will:
- Assisting the design, trialling, preparation, delivery and cleaning up of materials and equipment for practical sessions
- Ordering and maintaining scientific supplies and equipment
- Maintaining and coordinating necessary repairs to the Physics Laboratories and Technician’s Workshop
- Collaborating with and supporting other Laboratory Technicians in the School
- Supporting students in IB extended essay practical work and providing advice during class-based theory and practical work, as required.
The requirements are:
- Experience working in a similar role, preferably in a senior secondary school environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS issues applicable in the laboratory environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders, particularly young people
- A collaborative, innovative and proactive approach
- Exceptional organisational skills.
Pembroke School provides staff with a supportive and dynamic working environment, opportunities for professional development and the capacity to make a valuable and meaningful contribution to the operation of the School.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.