This role follows a refresh of a few aspects of the mine which allows this person to come in and really take hold of this world class operation. This Operations Manager / General Manager opportunity will be FIFO basis from point-of-hire.
The ideal Operations Manager / General Manager, will report into the MD and will be a proficient Mining Operations Manager / General Manager with excellent initiative and a track record of managing an operating tier-1 mine in challenging locations:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the business.
- Manage personnel on site across mining, ops and maintenance
- Strong management and leadership skills with a high degree of accountability
- Demonstrate good working knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic plans, management policies, strategies and systems
- Establish, in conjunction with the Section Managers, the production strategy
- Ensure the ongoing operation and proving-up of mineral reserves
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consultative skills with the ability to interact with Management, employees, and all stakeholders.
- Able to appreciate the big picture and apply strategic and analytical thinking to effectively implement this in practical terms
- Strong financial acumen including budgeting and forecasting
- A proven track record in improving all mining processes
- Have full responsibility for the direction, management and development of the ongoing projects of the construction and mine development.
- Direct and manage the full operations of the mine
- Manage and optimise by providing leadership, guidance and coordination to Department Managers
- Responsible for ensuring that necessary new systems and processes are put into place across the project and teams to ensure the success and profitability of the business unit
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- 15 -20 years experience in mining operations (at least ten years in management)
- Mining related qualification and management skills
- Has overseen a large scale underground operation with satellite pits
- A fantastic grasp of open pit and underground production
- Proven experience managing an operation in an expat setting whilst training and mentoring the team.
- Up to date knowledge of open pit mining technology and heavy production equipment.
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a developer of top-level operational principles for a multicultural workforce
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.