Medical Records Scanner
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures scan documents into the electronic medical record.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sorts and labels documents to be scanned into the electronic medical record.
- Scans documents into patients medical record according to established policies regarding category and type of document.
- Shreds documents that have been scanned.
- Travels to various departments and locations to perform scanning functions.
- Notifies Supervisor of errors in scanning and documents that need to be deleted from the electronic medical record media section.
- Performs IDX patient inquiry.
- Responds to telephone inquiries regarding medical records.
- Copies records as requested by physician offices, patients, insurance companies, subpoenas, etc as needed.
- Notifies Supervisor of problems with medical records such as missing records.
- Monitors fax machines.
- Retrieves and transports records to and from storage facility.
- Cover switchboard and messenger as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clinicians and other members of practice. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Full-time work requires a high school level of knowledge (graduate or equivalent) in order to collect and enter data.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Skill in operating a computer and a photocopy machine.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.