The Governance & Legal Office is accountable for providing specialist professional advice relating to all corporate governance and legal matters of Regional Australia Bank. This will consist of, but not be limited to, accountability of legal requirements to and on behalf of Regional Australia Bank; legal and securities (mortgage documentation and securities administration), compliance management, credit recovery management, the Internal Audit relationship obligations, and policy and management committee administration. The Governance & Legal Office also comprises the company secretariat for the Board and Board committees.
The Governance Officer is responsible for assisting the Chief Governance & Legal Officer / Company Secretary to ensure that the Board and corporate governance requirements for a public company are adhered to including, ASIC/APRA lodgements, preparation and circulation of the Board and Board committee agendas and papers, documentation of meeting minutes, the development and maintenance of corporate governance related bank policies and procedures, presentation of corporate governance material for the annual report and the effective running of Board meetings.About Us!
Regional Australia Bank is a customer owned bank that has been helping regional Australians achieve their lifestyle goals for over 50 years. It has a reputation for being flexible, personable and being able to make the complex simple. With roots in regional/coastal NSW and head offices located in Armidale and Port Macquarie, Regional Australia Bank has grown to be one of the premier banking alternatives to the ‘Big Four’ banks.
So, if you’ve got the skills and are passionate about people and creating a better, more sustainable place to live, the connect with us at Regional Australia Bank! Because we feel that being connected with regional Australia and its people are without doubt the most compelling and inspiring parts of our brand. In fact, the success of our business is determined by how well we share our passion for championing regional prosperity, including the financial prosperity of the people residing here.
- Assist the Chief Governance & Legal Officer / Company Secretary to ensure all Board and Board committee meetings are planned and structured to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in compiling Board and Board committee calendar invitations, preparing agendas and liaising with the business and compiling and distributing meeting papers using the Board meeting management software.
- Ensure the drafting of minutes of the Board and Board committee meetings are reflective of each respective meeting and that those minutes and resolutions are documented and finalised in a timely manner.
- Assist the Chief Governance & Legal Officer / Company Secretary with company secretariat support functions as necessary.
- Assist with any necessary travel and accommodation arrangements for directors.
- Ensure the Board meeting management software is utilised to benefit from its full functionality to achieve efficient corporate governance practices.
- Ensure process improvements and efficiencies are achieved in the company secretariat and corporate governance function.
- Assist with the development and implementation of corporate governance related bank policies and procedures, including maintaining their currency and ease of access of those documents to the bank.
- Maintain corporate governance registers related to conflicts of interest, fit and proper, financial accountability regime and regulatory and statutory declarations.
- Assist the Chief Governance & Legal Officer / Company Secretary with the preparation of the Corporate Governance Statement and Directors Report for the Annual Report.
- Assist the Chief Governance & Legal Officer / Company Secretary with the statutory and regulatory lodgments in a timely manner.
- Proactively develop and enhance the corporate governance practices of the bank to assist with delivering an effective, efficient, and valued function.
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationship with directors and the business to enhance commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated relevant experience with Microsoft Office programs and Board meeting management software.
- Demonstrated understanding and preparedness to commit to the organisation’s values.
- Experience in corporate governance and or company secretariat areas.
- Demonstrated high level skills in dealing confidently, confidentially, and courteously with people at all levels.
- Ability to document accurately business meeting outcomes.
- Ability to compose, interpret and present correspondence of a specialist nature.
- Strong organisational skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and experience (resourcefulness)
- Strong administrative management skills.
1. Qualification in corporate governance and or company secretariat areas.
Important COVID-19 Information.
It is now a requirement that in order to be considered for any roles at Regional Australia Bank, you must already be or be willing to get vaccinated. This is to ensure both the safety of our employees as well as our members.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.