Medical Records Clerk
Full Job Description
The purpose of this position is to create, maintain, audit and retrieve medical records by gathering appropriate information/forms and auditing charts for completeness and accuracy. Responds to requests for medical records. Candidates must be able to adapt to an ever changing, busy environment. Candidates must be reliable and a team player with a positive attitude, having excellent computer and verbal/written communication skills working closely with front office staff, personnel, physicians and insurance companies.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Initiates records for new patients; Compiles, verifies, and files medical records.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order and files records in designated areas. Ensures records are kept orderly and maintains filing system.
- Answers calls from clinical staff pertaining to medical records.
- Responds to correspondence requests for information from files according to established policies and procedures.
- Operates computer to retrieve data and file signed correspondence and reports.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility prior to patient’s scheduled appointment.
- Responds to request for medical records, processes letters and reports, answers and directs telephone calls.
- May photocopy records and documents for billing and/or legal services. Sends and receives information. Mail out requests for records when presented with a properly completed medical release. Make copies of records in response to in-coming medical releases.
- Order forms and other necessary supplies when needed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems or issues.
- Communicates with attorneys and insurance companies regarding patient records.
- Complies with federal HIPAA regulation and polices for privacy and security of patient information.
Category Business Support
Location Cardiology- NSC East Setauket
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Organizational skills
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Knowledge basic computer operations
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Effective written communication and telephone skills
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
- One year of medical office experience in the health care field is required.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all covered personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.” Upon receipt of a conditional job offer, candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Medical Receptionists must be able to sit for long periods of time, and must have manual dexterity to work computer systems and keyboard. It is reasonable to anticipate lifting 10 -15 pounds in any given day.
Tags Full Time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Position Medical Records Clerk
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.