Maritime Systems Engineer
The Phantom Works – International (PW-I) division of Boeing Defence, Space & Security is seeking a Systems Engineer to work on exciting, Research & Development projects in the Maritime Autonomy domain.
As an experienced Systems Engineer with a background in maritime and/or naval platform development, you have a track record of successfully progressing initial concepts through to defined systems including requirements, design and employment.
You will have tertiary qualifications in Engineering and an ability to rapidly progress feasibility and requirements definition studies. Your exceptional communication skills and ability to work as part of a close knit multi-disciplinary team will enable you to progress advanced concepts into production ready prototypes and embedded systems for multi-domain applications.
This opportunity will see you joining a company that employs the best talent to develop and deliver world class capabilities for some of the most advanced systems available. We rely on digital engineering in design, including Model Based Engineering and Modelling and Simulation to define, analyse and develop new capabilities. In your role, you will liaise with colleagues from across the business to iterate and refine your concepts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translation of operational requirements into technical needs and derived requirements
- Perform concept trade studies to evaluate and nominate an integrated solution
- Development of design briefs, documentation and reporting
- Map capabilities to requirements and define verification and validation strategies.
To be successful you will have:
- Proficiency in the Systems Engineering process.
- A background in Naval or Maritime systems
- An understanding of autonomous systems development
- Proven capability in the progression of concepts to defined systems.
- Strong knowledge and/or demonstrated experience in autonomous systems and platform development programs.
- High degree of autonomy and problem solving ability in the search for novel solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate your vision and ideas with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Tertiary engineering qualification and experience in a relevant technical discipline.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.