Legal Secretary – Calendar Management – Remote
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Performs moderate to complex legal and other secretarial duties for assigned attorney(s); keeps staff up to date on new court rules and office procedures.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in New York. We are seeking candidates with at least 3-5 years of experience in a law firm setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains schedules and calendar for assigned attorney(s).
- Composes a variety of correspondence, pleadings and various legal forms.
- Receives and processes incoming mail.
- Coordinates time and location of multi-party appearances, including depositions, arbitrations, mediations, IMEs, meetings and site inspections.
- Contacts clients, witnesses, court reporters, interpreters, claims personnel, and others to confirm scheduled appearances as instructed by assigned attorney(s).
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and keeps up-to-date with court rules and legal deadlines.
- Answers telephone calls and receives visitors for assigned attorney(s).
- Implements training schedule for entry level secretaries and administrative staff.
- Performs other functions as assigned by Legal Office Administrator or Managing Attorney.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting, bending and stooping.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
18 months as a Trial Secretary 1 with FIG or two years of outside civil litigation experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Word processing on personal computer.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.