Information Technology Administrative Assistant
Full Job Description
The mission of CASES is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
- We are committed to helping people—regardless of their past choices, present struggles, or future obstacles—to build the capacity and courage to change their lives.
- We tailor our services to everyone’s unique needs, risks, and strengths and believe the most effective programs are evidence-based, family-focused, and trauma-informed.
- We are committed to engaging the community by leveraging partnerships and resources to maximize our clients’ opportunities for success.
The Information Technology Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Director, Information Technology and IT department in managing CASES day-to-day IT systems and networks. This position requires a technically savvy individual who is extremely well organized and adept at communicate both verbally and in writing with stakeholders across the organization.
We believe that in-person operations are the best way to serve our clients, both directly and through essential operational support. This is not a remote position and will require you to work in our offices.
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
- Serve as project coordinator and point of contact for the IT department, fielding requests, organizing schedules, maintaining filing systems, and developing administrative process improvements
- Manage hardware ordering process and coordinate inventory of IT assets
- Coordinate contracts with vendors and suppliers, including managing invoicing, and payment processes
- Manage vendor invoices and work closely with the finance department to ensure they are paid accurately and on time.
- Train new users on basic network and software skills, software updates, and new systems
- Keep IT licenses and leases up-to-date
- Perform systems administration functions for designated information systems/technologies
- Provide project coordination assistance with special projects and any other duties as assigned by Director, IT
- Ability to move computers and setup for users
- Escalate issues to management
- Serve as an administrator for all tasks withing the department including recording minutes, arranging schedules of events, proof-read documents, etc.
- Regular in office attendance and punctuality is a must . Hours 9-5, M-F
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Manage procurement of inventory including documenting all equipment assigned to staff members
- Manage and process invoices within the department
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Ability to work at organizations’ various locations throughout the boroughs when required
- Provide direct, over the phone or remote troubleshooting of end-user desktop, equipment, application, device communication and connectivity issues in a timely fashion
- Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements and returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, document customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory
- Promptly analyzing incident tickets and end-user incoming call, problems and support requests to determine restoration strategy and approach
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory
- Familiarize and assist end-users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation and use
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment
- Arrange and prepare equipment for shipping/receiving and distribution accurately and promptly
- Preparing and willing to do any other reasonable and lawful instruction/task on time and correctly
- Manage time efficiently and effectively; set priorities appropriately and schedule calls
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress and operate within customer support standard and operating procedures
- Support of multiple CASES locations including travel all sites.
- Distribution/returns/schedule of equipment to/from staff.
- Full Covid vaccination required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, including project coordination or systems administration experience
- Experience reporting directly to executive level staff
- Familiarity with IT terms and specifications an asset
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and with great attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to adhere to defined processes and procedures and suggest improvements
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- BA or BS degree required
Salary: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
Full-time 35-hour week with excellent benefits
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
In one document, attach your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.