Human Resources Associate
Full Job Description
About The State University of New York :
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY’s 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, the state’s only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.3 million students in credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide were more than $1.0 billion in fiscal year 2020, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum.
The State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration, located in Albany, NY is searching for a Human Resources Associate to perform a variety of human resource functions mainly related to the use of online systems and reporting within the University-wide Human Resources Office. The HR Associate serves as the primary contact for an assigned group of SUNY campuses in a variety of areas including, but not limited to all human resources and payroll transactional issues and questions for the SUNY HR Human Resource Management System, New York State’s PayServ System, and the Department of Civil Service’s NYSTEP System. The HR Associate will:
- Provide campus assistance with human resources and data-related issues, payroll processes, and human resources procedures in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as liaison between campus staff and the NYS Office of State Controller (OSC) and/or Department of Civil Service staff in resolving transactional and payroll issues.
- Interact closely with the Information Technology team at System Administration to solve problems and address necessary changes and system enhancements based on issues, new contracts, laws, or campus suggestions for enhancements.
- Be responsible for working with campus staff to analyze and review weekly position, HR transaction and payment error reports to enhance the quality of data and ensure accurate payroll transactions.
- Provide training to campus staff on a variety of topics.
- Assist with reporting and campus data requests.
- Assist with NYS Payroll Online access issues and specific campus questions.
- Assist campus staff with a variety of Civil Service classification, staffing and appointment issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in human resources or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with and protect confidential data and a commitment to handling questions and concerns with speed, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience in working with data in an HR/Payroll or related systems.
- Experience with Excel and/or in generating reports using a variety of report-writing tools.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently within strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Salary: $50,000. Excellent fringe benefits.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.