HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
This position is located in the Client Support and Special Situations Section (CSSSS) in the
Division for Special Activities (DSA) of the Department of Operational Support (DOS) at
United Nations Headquarters in New York.
DOS was established to provide operational advisory services to operating entities across the
Secretariat, including other departments, offices-away-from headquarters, field missions, and
DSA oversees a range of specialized or cross-cutting operational capacities. A large part of its
responsibilities is to support start-up, surge, transition and liquidation requirements and to
exercise authority on behalf of entities to which authority has not been granted owing to a
lack of capacity or from which authority has been temporarily withdrawn.
CSSSS works with counterparts across DOS and other United Nations entities to effectively
and rapidly support the deployment, establishment, transition and liquidation of client entities.
The Human Resources Assistant reports to a Human Resources Officer within CSSSS.ResponsibilitiesWithin delegated authority, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Recruitment and placement
- Processes applications for vacancies, including preparing and maintaining case files for candidates, ensuring and monitoring the transfer of files of candidates between offices, arranging for interviews, and entering data on candidates into the automated roster.
- Assists in the filling of posts, including drafting job openings and ensuring that the major duties and responsibilities and evaluation criteria are reflected, in line with individual job descriptions of the Division workplan; updating Inspira and notifying candidates of the interview status, upon conclusion of the selection process, initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
- Assists in reviewing, evaluating and screening of job opening applications in Inspira and identifying candidates who meet the eligibility criteria for secretarial, clerical and related categories positions.
- Maintains vacancy announcement files and tracks status of job openings in Inspira.
- Coordinates with Executive Offices, entity stakeholders and selected candidates on travel arrangements, visa matters and shipment of personal effects.
- Prepares agenda for panel conducting the Competency Based Interviews, and provides relevant documentation required to support the interview, including PHPs, contact numbers of candidates, etc.
- Assists in updating Inspira and notifying candidates of the interview status, upon conclusion of the selection process.
Administration of entitlements
- Reviews and processes entitlements and benefits related actions in ERP (Umoja).
- Assists reviewing and processing data pertaining to conditions of service.
- Conducts research and prepares written responses to support queries related to HR matters.
Staff development and career support training
- Assists in the organization and conduct of training courses and workshops.
- Provides logistics and administrative support to trainers.
- Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
- Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
- Provides general office support services; drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications.
- Sets up and maintains reference files/records (electronic and paper).
- Schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues, conditions of service and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Maintains automated database containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
- Assists in the preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments and overseas offices.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, request for office supplies and equipment, etc.).
- May provide guidance/training to less experienced staff.
- Assist in the provision of advisory services, guidance and support services as required at each phase and assist with the Overall planning and implementation for Surge, Start-ups, transitions, downsizing and liquidations.
- Performs other duties as required.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.