Reporting to the Executive Chef, we are seeking an experienced Head Chef to take on a leadership role in helping manage the food catering department.
Trade qualified, you will have demonstrated a track record for consistent, quality food services with experience in a versatile but dependable team environment.
You will strive to be the best in the industry and work with the team to bring to the table creative ideas, delivered to a consistent high standard and work hard without supervision.
Additionally, you will take pride in each plate and understand the need for speed, efficiency, presentation and flavour.
This is an ideal time to hit the ground running during a period of change and join a superior team at a senior level.
Working closely as a support liaison to the Executive Chef, you will help with the design & implementation of exciting seasonal menu’s. You will also possess a mindset for customer experience and value while ensuring margins meet budgeted benchmarks:
- Oversight of a dedicated team to prepare well presented & great tasting meals for patrons
- Demonstrate initiative and develop rapport with team members to bring out the strengths in each individual for a dynamic workflow
- Engage in function and catering requirements where required
- Ensuring all OH&S and Food Hygiene requirements are met, including maintaining a high level of kitchen cleanliness & efficiency
- Strong communication skills a must with all departmental heads, to ensure a collaborative, collegiate and cooperative approach to the smooth functioning of customer service experience across the board
Enjoy a sea change, quality of life and an escape the city rat race!
Mission Critical Responsibilities:
The Successful Applicant will Possess:
- 10+ years’ experience with commensurate recent levels of leadership authority
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be hands on with all aspects of management, and prepared to take a ‘hands-on’ approach where required – lead by example
- Demonstrate effective communication within the kitchen and front-of-house
- Experience in menu development, rostering and staff management a MUST
- Report stock levels and maintain stock rotation to minimize food wastage and ensure accountability
- Maintain high standards of food quality & presentation
- In depth knowledge of all health regulations, ensuring kitchen preforms outstanding in health department inspections
- Genuine references of prior experiences are essential
What’s On Offer
- Medium-Large Hotel located on the Mornington Peninsula
- Strong support from a highly experienced Executive Chef
- Structured workplace and career opportunities for progression
- Highly diverse clientele through families and all age brackets
- Relocation assistance / short-term relocation accommodation
- Salary negotiable $70-80k pa dependent on experience, plus statutory superannuation
- Annual incentive bonus based on commitment and performance
If you are this self-driven leader who wants to take ownership for the role and showcase a great food offering by fostering a care for detail & cross-skilling of our team, we would be delighted to hear from you by hitting the ‘Apply’ button, attaching a covering letter highlighting your suitability to the position, to the attention of Client Director, Australian Business Services.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.