Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
The primary focus of the role is to work on behalf of the shareholders to identify strategic sourcing initiatives, which will reduce and rationalize spending system-wide. The Group Procurement & Supply Chain Director will negotiate, develop and implement strategies, manage and execute contracts, develop and maintain vendor management systems, and develop an effective procurementteam across multiple businesses and geographic locations.
Key responsibilities include;
* Use strategic level problem solving skills in complex environments to determine appropriate supply chain solutions, based on sound understanding of the business
* Collect and analyse data to measure the effectiveness of existing business processes, in order to develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
* Responsible for ethical Buying of products, goods and/or services.
* Managing procurement processes, thus ensuring full governance of spend is documented for external/internal audit, spend paper trail is clear and aligned to policy’s & procedures.
* Engage in a Supplier relation management program
* Policy management relating to, procurement vendor management, pre/re qualification and inter-company contracts
* Maintain a high level of focus on HSE, Sustainability & Ethics
* Support and occasionally take the lead on shareholder project initiatives, including with the wider portfolio.
* Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
* Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
* Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
* Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
* Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
* Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
* Manage recruiting, training and supervising a team who are responsible for day-to-day activities.
* Analyse market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
* The ideal candidate will be someone who is capable of leading a large, broad department with a diverse team of staff focussed on all areas of Procurement, Supply Chain, Stores Management, Warehousing, Fleet Management & Distirbution / Logistics, whilst also being able to work strategcally and present to senior staff at board / group level.
* This person should also have significant experence (5 years plus) in a relevant industry, such as mining, heavy machinery, screening, crushing or quarrying.
* Candidates should have experience in global commodity tracking and indicies, to ensure best price position is maintained, and those with experience of ERP implementations would have an added advantage.
* Relevant qualifications, e.g. CIPS, would also be a significant advantage, although with relevant experience this is not essential.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.