Gas and Vent Scheduling Coordinator
Metallurgical Coal Australia
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
Looking to make a difference? Join our extraordinary team
Reporting to the Site Interface Manager, you will be responsible for the development, optimisation, and maintenance of an integrated gas drainage, heat management, inertisation and ventilation schedule to ensure recommended service strategies can be effectively executed
The Scheduling Coordinator is a newly created role based in our Brisbane Corporate Office within the Gas and Vent team. The team is responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere suitable to support delivery of business performance expectations in terms of safety, compliance, production, and costs.
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience in the creation and maintenance of gas and vent schedules within the resources sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain an integrated gas drainage, heat management, inertisation and ventilation schedule to ensure recommended service strategies can be effectively executed.
- Develop & maintain an aggregated gas drainage, heat management, inertisation and ventilation Business Structure Performance (BSP) model for identifying constraints and opportunities.
- Coordinate the setting of an integrated suite of gas drainage, heat management, inertisation and ventilation service strategies with stakeholders using the BSP.
- Support the use of the BSP with others to identify strategies to overcome constraints to achieve required targets.
- Sequencing tasks with dependencies and constraints to ensure an effective schedule is created within minimal waste.
- Provide advice on best practices in schedule management, costs forecasting and interfacing with deliverables.
- Facilitating meetings across the Gas and Vent team to ensure schedules are signed off and executed in accordance with Operational Planning measures.
- Manage adjustments to schedules due to resource changes, threats or performance variations.
- Analyse scope changes and schedule trends and recommend actions or alternate execution options to improve schedule or mitigate delays.
- Driving continuous improvement to support high performance and quality standards.
- Execute established measures for effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the Scheduling process as defined in AAOM Operational Measures.
- Proactively identify and address mining-specific challenges and opportunities that new technology could address.
- Maintaining awareness and a continuous improvement mindset; share appropriate information timely including internal communications, policies, new practices, methods or services to improve work and work environment.
- Traveling to our underground (and potentially open cut) mines in Central Queensland is required for this role.
You will need to be able to demonstrate your strong technical background coupled with well-developed EQ skills to succeed in this role. We are seeking candidates that want to be part of a team that are comfortable working within a continuously changing environment to deliver product sustainability and safety.
Experience and qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Ability to prepare accurate, detailed operational planning schedules and reports to meet strict project deadlines.
- Strong commercial experience in establishing baseline schedules, efforts, and costs.
- Thorough understanding of standard scheduling procedures and practices.
- Suitable past experience in a mining, oil and gas or engineering, EPCM company working in the resources sector.
- Experience using SAP, Primavera P6 and Prometheus (desirable).
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organisation.
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to foster collaborative relationships.
- Ability to adapt quickly and thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with ability to multitask, effectively coordinate changing priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around digital process enhancements.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Brisbane Corporate Office. There will be adhoc site travel to Central Queensland.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.