Our purpose at Pearson is to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. At the heart of this is a commitment to sustainable practices and meaningful, measurable outcomes.
Our company : We are the world’s leading learning company. Our ability to help people learn is built on our ability to grow with and adapt to a constantly evolving market. Our 20,000+ employees around the world in 70 countries in which we operate are dedicated to doing just that: creating the digital-first, accessible and sustainable learning resources that prepare tens of millions of people each year for a lifetime of learning.
Our edtech team is the latest stage in our evolution. Drawing from an innovative, start-up culture, we operate as a stand-alone unit of software engineers, learning designers and technologists, pioneering the next generation of online learning technologies and experiences that will scale to millions of students worldwide.
The Role: We are seeking an enthusiastic Frontend Software Platform Engineer, passionate about building global solutions. You will be a prolific coder, who will help maintain our coding standards, and work across teams to reliably plan and deliver new features. More senior candidates may take on leadership roles and would be welcomed as strong mentors to the team. A sample of libraries, frameworks, tools and technologies you will make use of are: Svelte, ReactJS/ Redux, styled-components/ Less, Jest/ Mocha, GraphQL & Apollo, Webpack, Storybook.
- Work collaboratively with product managers, designers and fellow engineering team members in an Agile environment;
- Write Platform code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with established processes and QA guidelines;
- Analyse Platform and product needs through a consultative and critical process in order to determine the best technical solution given the frameworks available;
- Maintain Platform code, update technical documentation and help centre articles as needed;
- More senior applicants have the opportunity to take responsibility for the delivery of frontend product features, lead teams and be a mentor.
- Continuously learn and improve yourself
- Computer Science degree, an engineering degree, industry training or relevant industry experience
- Experience working in an agile environment, supported by JIRA
- Experience with versioning systems (i.e gitLab) (highly regarded)
- Experience of frontend tooling (rollup/webpack.etc) (highly regarded)
- Extensive professional experience in React.js
Want to work flexibly from home to suit your lifestyle? Pearson is committed to supporting a diverse and adaptable workforce through hybrid work practices and has adopted flexible remote and virtual working. Where possible our employees can choose to manage their attendance to the office more flexibly.
At Pearson we value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do, while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential. We foster a work environment where we reflect our customers and learners, and where our people can be themselves.
If you not find any contact details in this Job Description, Please attach your CV here and send directly.
Latest Jobs in USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.